The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Beta testing

Hi Nigel,

What a snazy new site!  Very posh and very nice!  And it works great too.

Hi Barbara,

yes, I'm here - if it has to do with whippets, could I be far behind!  I've chosen my avatar as he is quite cute - but no, I don't have a mustache!  How are shows in England now?  I suppose Crufts is very soon, will you go?  No shows here until March, winter is to severe to draw an entry.  Our next will be in April though as we've decided to make the very long trip (1300 miles) to Dallas for the American Whippet Club National.  looking forward to info on shows on your side of the Atlantic - enquireing minds want to know!! LOL

Our next will be in April though as we've decided to make the very long trip (1300 miles) to Dallas for the American Whippet Club National.
I thought Newmarket was a long journey (186 miles) :biggrin:

Nigel

There is a Newmarket in Ontario as well, shows there are in summer so the drive is easy.  Also, with distances being what they are in North America, our Newmarket is considered fairly local and its about 75 miles away.  What kind of distances would you travel for showing/racing/coursing in England?  What would be everyones maximum (I just want to see if I'm really crazy to go to Dallas).

Luckily for us we live in the centre of England and realistically our longest journey would be around four and a half hours to Paignton or Edinburgh.

Hi Dawn,

How lucky you are!  Four hours of driving will get me to the Ontario border entering in Detroit, Michigan or Buffalo, New York.  As to Canadian venues, the most numerous shows are in the southern ontario section of the country, around the toronto area, which is between 3 and 4 hours (3 to downtown Toronto), so for us, aside from the very local shows (which is only once a year) our average drive would be 4 hours.   :eek:  Isn't it amazing what we will do for fun with our hounds? :cool:

As to racing or coursing 2 to 3 hours is average for coursing club venues and 3 to 4 hours for racing venues.

Hi averyone

Just found my way in to this new site. Looks good once I find my way around.  I live in Scotland, most English Ch shows are 6 or 7 hours away.  Lure coursing, the nearst is 6 hours and most take about 8 hours.  Racing is really local, only 1 and a quarter hours.

We have to be keen, or mad!  (Actually, both)

Liz

Hi Liz,

I think the mad side must be winning out!  Oh, what whippets will do to you! :eek:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back