The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Boarding For Sighthounds (igs)

Bessy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello, can anyone recommend boarding in North Wiltshire/ South Gloucestershire?

The kennels we normally use has changed hands and I'm not comfortable with the new owners management, therefore looking for somewhere else to use.

We have 2 IG's so want somewhere they are used to sighthounds and small dogs.

Thanks.

Hello, can anyone recommend boarding in North Wiltshire/ South Gloucestershire?
The kennels we normally use has changed hands and I'm not comfortable with the new owners management, therefore looking for somewhere else to use.

We have 2 IG's so want somewhere they are used to sighthounds and small dogs.

Thanks.
I can't advise about kennels, but have you looked for anyone in your area who boards dogs in their own home - I feel happier with this arrangement than them going in to kennels.

My niece does this in Sussex (obviously no good for you). I occasionally take over when she goes on holiday (owners are all aware). The dogs always seem very happy there - it's like home from home and many stay regularly with her.

Try NARP - The National Association of Registered Petsitters (hope that is correct).

Good luck

It's very much a personal choice but I would much rather have mine in a secure kennels that I am happy with than in someones home. As long as I like the kennels, the owners and anyone else who works there I feel happier that my dogs are secure and will still be there when I get back. My worry with home boarding is that it would be easier for a dog to escape, few homes have the double gates that are mandatory in kennels.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back