The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Emily Widdowson

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi there.

I have 2 rescue girls and unfortunately, both terrified of fireworks. I have been given some herbal calming tablets from the vets for them but don't really wont to keep giving them day after day.

So, my Wife and I have decided that next year, we will go away to somewhere where (hopefully) there will be no fireworks.

Any suggestions on dog friendly cottages etc that are really remote?

Thanks in advanced :)

I know of one cottage that my friend stayed at in Powys, it’s called Bird cottage and is very remote , just google Bird cottage, Wales . It’s one I’d like to try :) all these fireworks are just getting ridiculous now as you never know when they’ll be going off :mad: luckily we don’t get that many where we are and my girls are ok with them, used to have a little jack that was terrified, really thought we’d lose her one year as she was hyperventilating so badly and shaking violently , just awful to see :(

It is such a worry when your pet is distressed i had a dog for 15 years who was terrified i used to wrap him in a blanket and hold him all night .My new rescue doesn't give a tinkers cuss just shows how dogs vary. Your idea of going away is brilliant.

I just replied in another thread - we've had fireworks going off around us for a week now and it's getting ridiculous :mad:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back