The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Books

Richard/Kobi

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi every 1, i was wanting a new whippet book to read. Can any 1 recommened a good 1 and where to get it ???

Richard/Kobi

Hi Richard

The English Whippet (Hardcover) By Walsh is available on Amazon at 19.00. It is not bad and concentrates mainly on the history of the whippet both working and showing.

I have most whippet books and they are all either whippet care or history. One day I am going to sit down and write a whippet novel or a book of anecdotes! :)

Hi RichardThe English Whippet (Hardcover) By Walsh is available on Amazon at 19.00. It is not bad and concentrates mainly on the history of the whippet both working and showing.

I have most whippet books and they are all either whippet care or history. One day I am going to sit down and write a whippet novel or a book of anecdotes! :)
I agree,a lovely whippet book,with all the useful information you would need :)

[quote name='eve' date='Jul 18 2009, 08:09 AM' post='95473

One day I am going to sit down and write a whippet novel or a book of anecdotes! :)

Would be great to read a whippet novel.

I have a children's book called Chuck and Danielle, by Peter Dickinson (who owned 3 whippets when the book was written). Chuck is a Whippet.

I haven't read it yet as I bought it for when my grandson is a bit older. It has seven short stories about Chuck.

I think I will have to read it now. :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
there's one I really want, but is a bit pricey - The Whippet by Bo Bengston from Bohem.

I bought my daughter a book and then read it myself. Fantastic novel, made me cry, and okay it's a Greyhound not a Whippet but still a wonderful read - Born To Run by Michael Morpurgo.

born to run is great :thumbsup: shed a few tears :b

I bought my daughter a book and then read it myself. Fantastic novel, made me cry, and okay it's a Greyhound not a Whippet but still a wonderful read - Born To Run by Michael Morpurgo.

That's a great book. I bought that and read it myself.

It's a sad book!!!!!!!!!!!! I enjoyed it though.

Agree with Eve - Mary Lowe & Ted Walsh's book 'The English Whippet' is excellent

4170EV96R3L._SS500_.jpg

Many other Whippet books are available including

Patsy Gilmour's

51GYDT0BFML._SS500_.jpg

Phil Moran-Healy's

Amazon - The Whippet. Click link to view inside the book.

I haven't read the following but they are about a Whippet on a narrow boat in France and the US

9780593056912.JPG

51UB-IHcfLL._SS500_.jpg

I've read Narrow Dog to Carcassone. It is very funny in parts but I didn't feel that they were very kind to poor Jim, their whippet, who just hated being on their narrow boat when they crossed the channel on it. :(

I must try the narrow dog books, they look like fun and have good reviews on Amazon

I have a children's book called Chuck and Danielle, by Peter Dickinson (who owned 3 whippets when the book was written). Chuck is a Whippet.

I haven't read it yet as I bought it for when my grandson is a bit older. It has seven short stories about Chuck.

I think I will have to read it now. :wub:

:thumbsup:

Bought this book for my daughter when she was younger :) It is a great read and one of her favourite books from her childhood :D

Chuck looks so much like our late whippet Jesse :wub: :( that is the reason I originally bought it for her :thumbsup:

Hi RichardThe English Whippet (Hardcover) By Walsh is available on Amazon at 19.00. It is not bad and concentrates mainly on the history of the whippet both working and showing.

Hi eve, I will be the first person to buy your book of whippet anecdotes. I think it is a WONDERFUL idea. Whippets differ so fundamentally in many ways from other dogs that one has to either live with them or read a book about their anecdotes to appreciate them. All the cold books about history of the breed, conformation, temperament, breeding, feeding, etc although very useful, don't give one a true insight into the world of the whippet. Lorna

You could call it "The Wonderful World of Whippets" :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back