The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Boots for dogs

Sof2023

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

I would like to make Waffle use some boots when we go to the park, at least during the grass seed season. He just had surgery to remove one grass seed and the whole experience is very unpleasant (multiple visit to the vet, stress of surgery, weeks without running at the park). The vet told me that boots would not protect 100% again grass seed (I was surprised) but it would reduce the risk.

I am therefore looking for some dog boots recommendations. I tried some in the past (bought on Amazon) and I was not very impressed, they were often coming off. And I am currently waiting for some boots from a company called innerwolf (I cannot put the link).

Reactions: Sus
Grass seeds are a nightmare, one of my dogs sniffed one up his nose and was sneezing blood. He had to go straight to vets for sedation to have it removed... I do as much avoiding of grass seed areas as possible, but with the verges and edges of parks or fields being left to grow wild it is actually really difficult, so I just stay alert as to where they are walking and what they are sniffing and always check pads, nail beds, ears, nose and mouth areas every time we get home. This is my least favourite time of year...
Sorry I don't have boot recommendations, but checking is a good habit to get into... Hope Waffle is making a speedy recovery

Reactions: Sus
I do wonder if boots are good for a dog's gait... also, dogs sweat from their paws, so boots might be a problem in hot weather. Just something to research, of course, and you'll need to weigh up the pros and cons.

Grass seeds are a nightmare, one of my dogs sniffed one up his nose and was sneezing blood. He had to go straight to vets for sedation to have it removed... I do as much avoiding of grass seed areas as possible, but with the verges and edges of parks or fields being left to grow wild it is actually really difficult, so I just stay alert as to where they are walking and what they are sniffing and always check pads, nail beds, ears, nose and mouth areas every time we get home. This is my least favourite time of year...
Sorry I don't have boot recommendations, but checking is a good habit to get into... Hope Waffle is making a speedy recovery
Yes, I have started checking Waffle's paws after walks. The vet recommended me to trim his paws a certain way in order to check more easily but I cannot recall exactly

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back