The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Boy dogs weeing sitting down

hollysh

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Why do some boy dogs wee sitting down? I understand puppies are learning but I'm now looking after a 3 and a half year old and he does the same thing. Though my 3 year old cavachon wees 'the boys way'. Is it something to do with the upbringing?

Lifting the leg is a sign that the dog is developing testosterone; that's why it happens at adolescence. Was the 3 year old who squats neutered early perhaps?

May have been neutered early. He is neutered. Not sure when.

We had male sheltie some years ago. He wasn't neutered and nearly always weed by squatting and rarely cocked a leg. No idea why but didn't seem to bother him and he lived to a good age.

Perhaps low testosterone levels? Or balance issues? If only they could talk!

I must say he was always a very gentle, calm dog with absolutely no obvious male tendencies (apart from a short spell of humping the children during his teenage period!). So maybe you're right about the low testosterone JoanneF.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back