The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Burns Complete Dog Food

whippetmad

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
this subject properly come up before,but does anyone feed their whippys on this?any comments about this food etc.many thanks.

I fed mine Burns working and it didn't suit them at all Dawn.

I feed the whips raw but i used to have a GSD I fed on burns simply because there aren't a lot of addatives in it and he was mental,so the less colourings ect the better, it did help a bit I think :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
:oops: posted twice

I feed raw and Burns. Mine love it and it seems to suit them well. :thumbsup:

I fed two of mine on Burns for a while and found they lost condition and needed quite a 'lot' to keep weight up too. I've found a local company that makes dog kibble and I just can't fault it - the dogs are in fabulous condition, shiny coats, no scurf, no skin problems and it's very easy to control their weight with it. It's got no preservatives, colours or flavourings either. It's a complete working diet from a company called Redcastle Animal Care near Dundee in Scotland.

Over the years I have tried a huge range from Chum to Science Diet and this stuff is the best. I don't feed a raw diet because it's just not practical here and although I know 'raw' is the current trend I certainly don't feel guilty about what my dogs are eating.

Sorry - didn't mean to sound like a rant but my Vet (!) just 'tutted' at me for not feeding a branded food. I pointed out the condition of my dogs and he couldn't argue.

I feed Burns at the moment and they love it. Its the only complete food that they have ever genuinely seemed excited about. However they do seem to need an awful lot of it and a few people have commented that Nana has lost some condition, however I don't think that Tess has ever looked so good. So make of that what you will :wacko: .

We don't currently have a freezer big enough to feed raw, but we are hopefully moving soon and then they will be straight onto raw, I have it all planned and can't wait :D

I feed Dolly on burns working. She loves it and gobbles it down, she does eat alot of it though!! Her coat is shiney and very soft, apart from losing her hair on her belly and the back of her legs. I'm not sure if this is the food or if it is something else!!

although my 3 are all on wet food (nature diet/menu) primarily...they have a bowl of burns or james wellbeloved down at all times too....i have to admit though that they probably prefer james wellbeloved to the burns but i like the burns venison as a bit of a change for them :thumbsup:

thanks everyone for your comments :thumbsup: there seems to be a mixed reaction on Burns,would anyone say that James Wellbeloved is much better? or simular?

daledogs said:
thanks everyone for your comments :thumbsup:   there seems to be a mixed reaction on Burns,would anyone say that James Wellbeloved is much better? or simular?
Hi there, now normally our Jill turns her nose up at nothing, but ive tried her on james wellbeloved, she wouldnt even look at it, i make all her food up myself

keith

mine do have a mixture of stuff, minced chicken, fruit, veg - basically anything they can get in their gobs!, but the core of their diet is burns and they seem ok on it

I always try the 'hot water' test on their food, I got a really sensitive sense of smell and if the food smells good when I've poured on hot water, then I think its ok - try it with lower quality food and the smell is so strong, I wouldn't give it to my lot!

James wellbeloved made them fart! :x and I think it might be owned by one of the big companies now, not sure though :wacko:

edited to say that if I could afford it I would feed all of them on naturediet trays, its lovely stuff!

also wanted to say that Sunny is on science liver diet at the moment, cos of his cushings - so expensive!!!! definately need to investigate a better and hopefully more natural alternative

doris said:
mine do have a mixture of stuff, minced chicken, fruit, veg - basically anything they can get in their gobs!, but the core of their diet is burns and they seem ok on it
I always try the 'hot water' test on their food, I got a really sensitive sense of smell and if the food smells good when I've poured on hot water, then I think its ok - try it with lower quality food and the smell is so strong, I wouldn't give it to my lot!

James wellbeloved made them fart! :x and I think it might be owned by one of the big companies now, not sure though :wacko:

edited to say that if I could afford it I would feed all of them on naturediet trays, its lovely stuff!

also wanted to say that Sunny is on science liver diet at the moment, cos of his cushings - so expensive!!!!  definately need to investigate a better and hopefully more natural alternative

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry Doris ,did you get less poo???

Mine wouldn't touch James Wellbeloved

I feed my two on burns but also give them sardines and wholemeal bread to eat too (there is method behind my madness, don't worry!!!).

They are doing just fine however, as has been mentioned above they need about twice as much as what is recommended on the packet and Lenny has still lost weight, mind you he was getting a bit plump :b

It also stopped Lenny from eating Mollys pooh but whenever I give them something different as a treat (raw or nature diet) he follows molly round with his nose to her bum until she goes :x You've gotta love em!!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back