The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Business On Demand

Lisa S

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I saw a first for me the other day... we were just coming out of the park and there was a man walking in with a collie. the dog was off its lead so I am muttering under my breath about the busy road and how dangerous it is to have his dog off the lead in town until I looked at the dog who had his 100% concentration gazing at his his owner and oblivious to anything else around him. they walked into the park and over to the poo bin where the owner gave his dog a command and it had a poo on command :wacko: and the owner picked it up and threw it in the bin - job done and on their way!

I have never seen that before but have seen this level of obedience but only in collies - I wonder if anyone has their whippet trained to this level :blink:

That's impressive! You'd think he could have trained it to poo straight into the bag and then put it in the bin itself though.. :p

My whippies can wee on demand but I couldn't let them off lead within half a mile of a road!

That's incredible! I couldn't let my staffie off the lead anywhere near a road, let alone get him to do 'the bizz' on demand! But then, I don't know anyone that could do it on command - human or canine! :D

The chap next door used to have an old GSD that would poo onto a shovel on command. He never needed a lead for her. They were inseperable. :)

Not possible with a whippet, they ask too many questions :lol: like Why should I do that???????????

I never put my old GSD on a lead unless it was requested, such as at a show or race meeting etc.

She never left my side and would wee or poo to order as well.

It's completely the opposite with the whippets!!! Although there is an obvious difference in their individual levels of intelligence and trainability - Jinny is far smarter and more obedient that the others but I suspect that is because she was my first whippet and had more one on one training and time with me than the others have had :thumbsup:

I never put my old GSD on a lead unless it was requested, such as at a show or race meeting etc.

She never left my side and would wee or poo to order as well.

It's completely the opposite with the whippets!!! Although there is an obvious difference in their individual levels of intelligence and trainability - Jinny is far smarter and more obedient that the others but I suspect that is because she was my first whippet and had more one on one training and time with me than the others have had :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back