The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Buy Two, Get Three Free Lol !!!!!

*Lesley*

Grand Master...Fluffy & nice
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A few weeks ago Jordan bought two female guinea pigs out of his birthday money,he has wanted some for ages, anyway this morning we went to check on them and got a bit of a shock 2 babies just born and one on the way,we had no idea :eek: only thing is jordan has gone on a school trip and won't be back until Wednesday :(

Ginger one(Gingy) is mum if you haven't guessed already and white one (Snowy)is babysitting Auntie :huggles:

here's some pics :)

Andysphone078.jpg

Andysphone081.jpg

Andysphone082.jpg

Andysphone083.jpg

Andysphone084.jpg

Andysphone085.jpg

Andysphone089.jpg

Oh so cute i love gp's, lovely pictures :wub:

I brought two girls once and was suprised to

find they'd had 'Twins' one day when i opened

the cage and they fell out :lol:

OMG how cute are they , :wub: :wub: i want one :D

Thanks you guys we are still in shock here, we have never had guinea pigs before but did keep commenting on how fat she was but the eat constantley so we thought she was just very greedy :clown: we've only had them a few weeks and the past couple of weeks we kept saying to each other, "that can't be normal her belly is huge greedy little sod :clown: now we know why :D

Did you get them from a certain large pet store? They have quite often incorrectly sexed guinea pigs that they sell, and I've heard quite a few stories of said pet going on to have a litter a week or two later. They can mate from 4 weeks old. I imagine they are quite difficult to determine the sex of anyway, so not always anyone's fault.

Also, are you sure the other one isn't a male, because as soon as one litter is born the male will catch her again, almost immediately. It could become a never ending cycle. (w00t) Also find out when the babies should be separated, otherwise they will mate Mum too (they are practically born adults).

That said....what cuties :wub: . Thanks for sharing the piccies. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
No Nicola I got them from friends sisters neighbour I don't think she knew because she would have kept it and sold the babies had she had, I will be checking the babies asap :eek: thanks for the advice :)

Funny how they manage to produce not long after you get them, my daughter was given on, she had babies. I won one at a school fete, she had babies. Must be a guinea pig thing :lol:

Did you get them from a certain large pet store? They have quite often incorrectly sexed guinea pigs that they sell, and I've heard quite a few stories of said pet going on to have a litter a week or two later. They can mate from 4 weeks old. I imagine they are quite difficult to determine the sex of anyway, so not always anyone's fault.
Also, are you sure the other one isn't a male, because as soon as one litter is born the male will catch her again, almost immediately. It could become a never ending cycle. (w00t) Also find out when the babies should be separated, otherwise they will mate Mum too (they are practically born adults).

Guinea pigs are very easy to sex as soon as they are born :)

Guinea pigs are very easy to sex as soon as they are born :)
How can you tell Hula ? they all just seem to have a tiny lump there but they are so wiggly its hard to tell :unsure:

In the girls there is a V shaped hole , the males have a round hole in their reproductive bit :b :b :b

If you compare them you should be able to see a difference unless they are all the same sex ;)

Just thinking you should probably compare the two adults too . If the white one is a male there will be no point in separating them at the moment as they will already have mated again .The gestation period of a guinea pig is around 65 days :)

We've never had guinea pigs but we once bought Ben a rabbit from a small pet shop. They were sure it was a buck. 2 days after buying him OH went out to the aviary and came running inn saying rats had got in there was something soft and squidgy in the rabbits box. I went out to look and out male rabbit had had 8 babies. He went back to the shop next day to tell them and they still insisted we had had a buck rabbit :oops:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back