The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

BWRA AGM

JOHNG

JOHNG
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
;) I HAVE JUST READ THE REPORT OF THE AGM AND FIND THAT OUT OF 351 PROPOSAL FORMS SENT OUT ONLY 182 COULD BE BOTHERED TO PUT A STAMP ON AND RETURN THEM,SO MUCH FOR PEOPLE WANTING POSTAL VOTEING BACK IN,I COULD NOT ATTEND THE AGM FOR REASONS OUT OF MY CONTROL BUT APPARENTLY THAT TOO WAS A VERY LOW TURN OUT, ;) I WONDER WHEN EVERYBODY FINDS OUT WHAT AS BEEN VOTED IN AND OUT WILL THEY BE CALLING FOR A EXTRAORDINARY MEETING. :angry:

182 out of 351 is ridiculous considering all the complaining that went on to get the postal vote back.

I was in attendance at the meeting and i thought the turn out to be very poor. I can also relate to some of the committee's feelings that to the amount of voting slips posted out and to those people who decided not to use them. This is democracy in process i am afraid to say but no one can say that they have not had a chance to vote if they were sent a form and that way they should not need an E.G.M. for a vote that has gone against their own wishes.

i agree with john ..i suggest that the bwra go thought the returned forms and anyone who didn't send there proposal form back don't get one next year and then see who moans

I could not attend the A.G.M after having a nasty fall. But our proposal forms were filled out and sent back return of post.

182 out of 351 is a disgrace. I hope those who didnted bother sending there forms back dont start moaning, as it will fall on deaf ears.

Thats nearly half the membership waisting B.W.R.A money. You really dont deserve a good hard working committee :angry:

Pauline

Well we are guilty of not returning our forms. We thought it was just a waste of time as we attended the agm last year and what was a good turn out was made a sham with the egm that followed. I can assure you though that anything that was decided we will abide by, without any complaints or back biting. We were given the choice of going to the meeting or posting, we chose to do neither- but i am 50-quid better off this year than last year, so pick the bones out of that if you like. :D

;) :angry: BUT WHY DID"NT YOU JUST SEND THE FORMS BACK MARKED ABSTAINED. :w YOU COULD HAVE AFFORDED A STAMP OUT OF THE FIFTY QUID YOU SAVED :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that our lack of response will be interpreted as abstaining, with the added benefit of the committee not being further inconvenienced- having to open it and read the content.

Thought you Mr Gill, a man of your dexterity, would have understood that. :p

If the committee interpret it otherwise, tough titty. :D

LOL :b

Has anyone been banned or perhaps resigned?

While I must agree that the postal vote return figures are dissapointing in my opinion the postal vote is still worthwhile.

yes members should have the right to be able to vote on changes after all it is our the members sport ;)

I agree with all that say that a postal vote is the right way and seemingly after last years fiasco so does the committee. Some say that more people should have been bothered to vote and post their votes, but in a democratic organisation voting is not compulsary. It is up to each individual for them to vote or not, while this may be dissapointing for some, it is their right. Also anything brought in or slung out by the voting on those forms would have to stand for a year, the members would have had their say and being as they were given a chance to vote the committee has to go with the majority of votes cast. Democracy may not be perfect, but i think it is far better than anything else we have been offered.

:D I AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAY JOHN,POSTAL VOTES ARE THE BEST WAY TO VOTE CHANGES TO THE SPORT NOT THE WAY KICKBOARDS WERE VOTED OUT BECAUSE NOT EVERYBODY CAN ATTEND THE MEETING,EVERY THING VOTED ON IN POSTAL VOTING SHOULD NOT BE ALOUD TO BE CHANGED BECAUSE EVERYBODY HAD A SAY ;)

Postal Votes can get lost, go astray and be misread. :b

Its not the ideal method. Area reps. and members attending would be far better by my reckoning.

;) I SUPPOSE THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER 160+ POSTAL VOTES EH! ;) LIKE I SAID BEFORE NOT EVERYBODY CAN ATTEND THE MEETINGS :c

yes your correct John not everyone wants to go to meetings never mind being able too,especially when a few weeks later they find out that they had wasted their time and money doing so .But this seems to me as it did last year the ones who never went have the most to say after on this sight you can always have a look back at the thread from last year to verify this !!! thats all i need to say i think.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back