The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Championships

Doreen Hopkins

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have just arrived home from the championships (Tuesday 5pm ) and sadly I have had a message left asking me to contact Asfordby Sports Club. I think I have some idea of what it is all about and if i am right I will be naming and shaming the members concerned as I don't know if they realised that they were being watched when they did what they did.

People have to realise that their selfish actions reflect on the rest of the members of the BWRA and that is totally unfair as the majority are decent people

regards Doreen BWRA SEC

not sure what your talking about as i was only in bar for a few hours on sat

but if someones been acting up thay should be named and shamed as they are spoiling our sport and giving it a bad name for genuine racers who just want to race there dogs,

and i think it,s about time something was done about this, alcohol is always an excuse so what will be theres who ever they are. :rant:

donna.

cinnamon said:
not sure what your talking about as i was only in bar for a few hours on satbut if someones been acting up thay should be named and shamed as they are spoiling our sport and giving it a bad name for genuine racers who just want to race there dogs,

and i think it,s about time something was done about this, alcohol is always an excuse so what will be theres who ever they are. :rant:

donna.

Sadly Donna it has not got anything to do with alcohol or the bar it concerns what this member did on the field as they were packing everything up to leave the track, if what I have been told turns out to be the truth it beggars belief.

Doreen

Doreen Hopkins said:
I have just arrived home from the championships (Tuesday 5pm ) and sadly I have had a message left asking me to contact Asfordby Sports Club.  I think I have some idea of what it is all about and if i am right I will be naming and shaming the members concerned as I don't know if they realised that they were being watched  when they did what they did.
People have to realise that their selfish actions reflect on the rest of the members of the BWRA and that is totally unfair as the majority are decent people

regards  Doreen  BWRA SEC

in full agreement with you Doreen don,t think we should allow people like this to camp at future events will certainly be putting it to our committee

Linda NNWRF

weathergirls said:
Doreen Hopkins said:
I have just arrived home from the championships (Tuesday 5pm ) and sadly I have had a message left asking me to contact Asfordby Sports Club.  I think I have some idea of what it is all about and if i am right I will be naming and shaming the members concerned as I don't know if they realised that they were being watched  when they did what they did.

regards   Doreen   BWRA SEC

in full agreement with you Doreen don,t think we should allow people like this to camp at future events will certainly be putting it to our committee

Linda NNWRF

It's all a bit cryptic, dont quite know what has been done?

Last edited by a moderator:
dont think k9 is the place to to publicise it Vicky as it is open to other than us non-peds

:) can only hazard a guess at whats happened, the nwrf committee had a complaint when we held the first fed champs at asfordby, saying someone had emptied the content's of their caravan toilet over the field, we could'nt do anything because the person making the complaint did'nt want to be named and the person involved denied doing it,

anyone doing such a thing should be banned from racing, this looks bad on everyone that stayed over the weekend they must think if one person would do such a thing then they all would, children play football on that field

anyway lets hope i'm wrong and its nothing so disgraceful

Why would some one empty their toilet on the field :( it beggers belief but think whatever has been done the people responsible should be named and shamed :- "

If its that bad get it put on and shame those concerned -----also take the appropriate steps to make sure it doesn't happen again lets get strict on rules ---- its not before time ---no soft options ---- as this has been proved not to work!! --maybe seeing their names on here might have the desired effect needed------ to put a stop to some of the unacceptable, unwelcome and objectionable behaviour of recent events.

steve

Have to agree with you 100% steve, softly softly only prolongs the trouble and also it does not make it go away, it only rebounds back at a later date.

Maybe the person does not have a PC :- " and I would think there is a procedure to go through ie..... a warning first

:) i don't remember anyone wanting us to recieve a warning before banning us, or is this a new procedure just for some members :oops:

I do not think we are talking about a drugs % found in a dog sample here spellbound :- " but maybe a mindless act done by some one and untill we all know exactly what has been done we can only assume :- "

Some none members were allowed to trial their dog at a meeting whilst still banned and rules were changed without consultation with the members or reps just to allow some members who could not forfill the 28 day rule to race.

Or is this a new procedure just for some none and ex members :oops:

well thats alright then pat because we did'nt recieve a ban for drugs, we were banned for bringing the sport into disrepute if you remember, and if someone as emptied the contents of a toilet over the field, i would say thats bringing our sport into disrepute would'nt you ??????????

Yes I would but is this the reason :blink: or are we still assuming :- "

john m said:
Some none members were allowed to trial their dog at a meeting whilst still banned and rules were changed without consultation with the members or reps just to allow some members who could not forfill the 28 day rule to race.Or is this a new procedure just for some none and ex members :oops:

first we payed the grayhound stadium to trial the dogs, not the bwra and it was upto the stadium if we got a trial not the bwra, second my dogs were never under any ban so no rule's were changed

not sure whats happened, but would think its something quite bad if asfordbys got onto Doreen about it,

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back