The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Championships

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
surely club traps can be customized if needed that is how it was in the past

with the use of a metal bar right across all of them ---even alloy would be ok and not too heavy --

Steve --Mr spell check himself

Doreen Hopkins said:
I agree Karen, it would be great to move it around the countrythe only problem I can see is how do the BWRA transport the scratch

traps to each venue.

The hosting clubs handicap traps could be used for the Veterans

and the class run offs and also their equipment to rope off the track

but the Scratch traps are a big problem.

It was fortunate that this year the scratch traps had been stored at

Moreton In Marsh,  which isn't too far from Worcester,and Colin Armstrong went to collect them

but how do you solve the problem of moving them around the country

and then moving them somewhere else for storage, there is a lot of work involved in solving this problem.

regards    Doreen

Really? When we put our club forward for the 2007 champs it was made clear to me that we would have to make the arrangements for the transportation and storage of the scratch traps, this wasn't a problem for us and i'm sure there would be many other tracks willing to do so.

Vicky said:
Doreen Hopkins said:
I agree Karen, it would be great to move it around the countrythe only problem I can see is how do the BWRA transport the scratch

traps to each venue.

Moreton In Marsh,  which isn't too far from Worcester,and Colin Armstrong went to collect them

and then moving them somewhere else for storage, there is a lot of work involved in solving this problem.

regards    Doreen

Really? When we put our club forward for the 2007 champs it was made clear to me that we would have to make the arrangements for the transportation and storage of the scratch traps, this wasn't a problem for us and i'm sure there would be many other tracks willing to do so.

Don't see why it sould be up to any club to arrange for the traps to be moved from storage to track, if your offering the track then its still up to the committee to make sure there equipment is at that track and moved back after there event,

but that aside i still feel that the event should be more central so all member can take part think its already been said that some member were missing " and yes that could be for lots of reason's " but moving the champs around would still mean some would not be able to attend,

still feel that worcester did a great job in every way and i'm sure other club's up and down the country would do there very best if ask to host the champs, still feel that not being able to camping track side was not that bad and yes i had dogs and bitch to run and yes would have like to have stayed on the track but its not the end of the world

hellbound said:
Vicky said:
Doreen Hopkins said:

traps to each venue.

regards    Doreen

Don't see why it sould be up to any club to arrange for the traps to be moved from storage to track, if your offering the track then its still up to the committee to make sure there equipment is at that track and moved back after there event,

but that aside i still feel that the event should be more central so all member can take part think its already been said that some member were missing " and yes that could be for lots of reason's " but moving the champs around would still mean some would not be able to attend,

still feel that worcester did a great job in every way and i'm sure other club's up and down the country would do there very best if ask to host the champs, still feel that not being able to camping track side was not that bad and yes i had dogs and bitch to run and yes would have like to have stayed on the track but its not the end of the world

SO WHY DID A LOT NOT ATTEND CHAMPS,WAS IT NO CAMPING ON TRACK,CHAMPS GOIN FURTHER SOUTH,LOTS OF DOGS INJURED ECT ECT.LETS HERE IT FROM PEOPLE THAT DID NOT GO

Last edited by a moderator:
THECAP said:
hellbound said:
Vicky said:
Doreen Hopkins said:

traps to each venue.

regards    Doreen

SO WHY DID A LOT NOT ATTEND CHAMPS,WAS IT NO CAMPING ON TRACK,CHAMPS GOIN FURTHER SOUTH,LOTS OF DOGS INJURED ECT ECT.LETS HERE IT FROM PEOPLE THAT DID NOT GO

George i thought the equipment belonged to the members not just the committee as u said there equipment, perhaps u would like the job of hiring trailers and going from ashfordby to storing them at moreton on marsh then moving them again to worcester, and then trying to find someone to store them, maybe u may have a bit of spare time sue

S. Rodgers said:
THECAP said:
hellbound said:
Vicky said:
Doreen Hopkins said:

traps to each venue.

regards    Doreen

George i thought the equipment belonged to the members not just the committee as u said there equipment, perhaps u would like the job of hiring trailers and going from ashfordby to storing them at moreton on marsh then moving them again to worcester, and then trying to find someone to store them, maybe u may have a bit of spare time sue

WOT U READING SUE COS IV NEVER MENSIONED EQUITMENT AT ALL

Last edited by a moderator:
Surly only a slight modification to any clubs regular traps would do the job and it has already been suggested on here how it could be done and that would stop this towing a set of traps all over some parts of the country. After all, after the weight classes at the Straight Championships we go back to single traps anyway so if single traps are good enough to decide supreme (and all the other straight races during the year) why not the weight classes at the Straight Championships.

Makes sense to me for all club tracks to have their traps modified rather than lug around a solitary set up and down the country, especially as some feel it is a burden.

hellbound said:

But at least if the event did move around the country, it would not be the same people being unable to attend. Not only that but I think it would build stronger relations between the BWRA and clubs around the country.

Again I agree wholeheartedly that Worcestor did an excellent job, I do believe that as Doreen pointed out ''the glorious weather'' contributed to a good weekend, especially for those with children. In my experience though, you can't always rely on the sunshine and how do you entertain them when it's pouring down and your caravan / tent is miles away?

THECAP said:
S. Rodgers said:
THECAP said:
hellbound said:
Vicky said:
Doreen Hopkins said:

traps to each venue.

regards    Doreen

SORRY GEORGE i admit when im wrong, thought it was still your subject, but i didnt say it was a burden at all, all i said was not having a permanent track this time and having too move traps from 2 different tracks it was a lot of time and hard work for those concerned sue

S. Rodgers said:
THECAP said:
S. Rodgers said:
THECAP said:
hellbound said:
Vicky said:
Doreen Hopkins said:

traps to each venue.

regards    Doreen

SORRY GEORGE i admit when im wrong, thought it was still your subject, but i didnt say it was a burden at all, all i said was not having a permanent track this time and having too move traps from 2 different tracks it was a lot of time and hard work for those concerned sue

At the risk of repeating myself it is a disgrace that the BWRA with all the money and members it has had since 1968 have not got their own track both bend and straight---then this problem would not keep coming up year after year.

steve

wild whippies said:
Makes sense to me for all club tracks to have their traps modified rather than lug around a solitary set up and down the country, especially as some feel it is a burden.

hellbound said:

But at least if the event did move around the country, it would not be the same people being unable to attend. Not only that but I think it would build stronger relations between the BWRA and clubs around the country.

Again I agree wholeheartedly that Worcestor did an excellent job, I do believe that as Doreen pointed out ''the glorious weather'' contributed to a good weekend, especially for those with children. In my experience though, you can't always rely on the sunshine and how do you entertain them when it's pouring down and your caravan / tent is miles away?

I agree.

jackie thubron said:
wild whippies said:

hellbound said:

Again I agree wholeheartedly that Worcestor did an excellent job, I do believe that as Doreen pointed out ''the glorious weather'' contributed to a good weekend, especially for those with chil

dren. In my experience though, you can't always rely on the sunshine and how do you entertain them when it's pouring down and your caravan / tent is miles away?

I agree.

Me too :oops: :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back