The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

BWRA Champs at Warwick

RealMadYid

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Me? I reckon it's 10 times better than Askern, but the bar is a bit small :p

Paul

Ive never been warwick but ive heard really good things about it :D

bwra bend champs are run at highgate not askern,arent they :(

its not bad there quite friendly there plus the track is good running surface as well ive run it a few times and think its good good choice of venue :D

:angry: whats the damn problem with highgate, the usual venue?

highgate wasnt a bad venue , but ive heard that warwick is quite good ,really glad they are not going to askern, that track is an accident waiting to happen

highgate wasnt a bad venue , but ive heard that warwick is quite good ,really glad they are not going to askern, that track is an accident waiting to happen

I personally don't like Warwick track. Not just because my dog ran like an utter fart there. I just feel sorry for anyone trying to travel from Scotland, it's a long haul. If Askern is an accident waiting to happen, its been waiting a good while :p . If the track was unsafe then why was it chosen for racing events ? I suppose if it is that dangerous a track you won't be interested in the (added money) open in December ???

The track is better and the owners and staff very friendly but like the trouble with clubs around in the summer they must be able to cope with the amount of people turning up, for champ events. warwick is not big enougth the bar and canteen are to small.

EASINGTON WOULD OF BEEN A BETTER OPTION ..BUT STILL MEANS PEOPLE HAVE TO TRAVEL

BUT I HAVENT BEEN TO Warwick SO CANNOT COMMENT

I DIDNT LIKE askern VERY MUCH

yeah, it is shame for the racers from Scotland, it will be long old trek....it's still, however 2 hours plus from Essex and even further for the Fordingbridge racers...so I wouldn't call it a Southern track, more suited to the Midlands. Asfordby for the straights is about the same for me...

I did hear they will open up further space though for eats and drinks...

Paul

I personally couldn't give a damn whether there is a bar there at all never mind whether its big enough. At the end of the day first and foremost we go to run our dogs and from what I've seen recently and witnessed the absence of the bar would improve things dramatically. Only my opinion.

Karen.

A fair point Karen, but some of us do enjoy the whole day out...staying on after your dog(s) have been eliminated and talking to NEW and old friends...

It does help to keep us friendly (most of the time) with our fellow racers around the country...

Paul

:) TO FAR TO TRAVEL IN A DAY FOR ME AT THAT TIME OF YEAR, IF THERE WAS SPACE TO PUT CARAVAN MIGHT CONSIDER GOING. :D EASINGTON WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER ,OR EVEN HIGHGATE. ASKERN NEVER AGAIN ;)

I stiil don't see why a bar is necessary to talk to people paul no matter how long you wish to stay at the track and thats coming from a publicans daughter.

As for the track at Askern I would describe it as 'different' from the rest rather than crap as some have described it. Horses for courses. My opinion once again.

Karen

ive been to warwick as well as askern and highgate warwick is a great little track and the people that run the track are freindly enough and we enjoyed our day out there I was one of the first ones to write about my doubts on running the champs at askern

i still think the same about the run to the first bend at askern and it cost a lot of dogs their titles ,but that is history .Surely the big issue is where would it be fair for everybody to run .it took us four to five hours to get to warwick from the north east how long is it going to take somebody from scotland to get their,before before people from right down the other end of the country start sceaming i also realise how long it would have took them to get to askern this year so the only issue where in the country is it fair for everybody .Up here in the north east there is a couple of tracks that would the quite willingly hold bend racing and the champs if they were asked and i am certain there is tracks down south that are willing to do the same so is the answer is to hold the champs one year down south and the next year in the north i don,t think so my self i think its up to the powers that be to get together and find venue that is appicable to all races

well ive ran whippets and greyhounds on a lott of tracks all over the country ,still say askerns the worst ,simply because of that first bend ,never known a whippet event ran over such a long distance either, still say its an accident waiting to happen ................. ???

:D We are the ones who stand out in the cold Karen watching the dogs race.

never had time myself to go in the bar, watch the racing and talk to friends.

But like you say Karen we meet up with our friends outside as well.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back