The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Straight Champs 2006

hutch

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
from devon w r c

devon club have offered the bwra the use of the devon track for the aug bank holiday 2006 championships if they dont find enywhere else suitable

people from scotland better set off now. :oops: good to see champs getting support even if at the other end of the world :thumbsup:

its good of Devon to offer the track :thumbsup: but its a canny treck for a weekend think id make a weeks holiday for it :)

good idea.could have mid week open after champ w/e :D :luck:

One good advantage about racing at Devon is that there is always something to do and see in the area besides whippet racing.

The track is always first class and has a sandpit finish.

Local clubs and pubs supply all your refreshment needs

The local racing club is geared up already to be able to take this event.

Why not make a weeks holiday if the championships are to be run there.

Then again I am bias, I love the track and the area and the people. :cheers: :luck:

i believe kirkaldy also offered the use of their track but its too far north? well maybe devon is too far south? :- "

I think it is good of both clubs to offer the use of the track and facilities, both may be at different ends of the country and if, i say if either venue is being considered then it will of course mean extended travel for some. Unfortunately we do not have much of a choice in the matter at the moment, maybe the B.W.R.A. will come up with a track and venue suitable for all at the AGM. :luck:

devon sounds brilliant to me lovely place some good clubs as well :thumbsup:

Both Kirkaldy and Devon are great places. Planning to do both next year but if the Aug. champs were at Devon i wouldn't be able to do June aswell and like other people said its to far just for a weekend. Plus like a lot of other people its getting the time off work. Lets hope the B.W.R.A gets something sorted.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am not having a go at either devon or kirkalldy clubs but , if you are fortunate enough to win a RCH TITLE you want the best dogs in the country to be there in your class,if either of these clubs got the bwra champs it would lessen that possibility. IMO personally i think they should stay in the midlands even if it means running dogs saturday & bitches sunday or vise versa.

i agree with john g if its on @ devon its a big too far 4 the scots and those of us up north. so maybe u wudnt get everyone from the north travelling i 4 one wont be able to get a weeks holiday then. :( if its on @ scotland its a bit too far for the southeneres to travel so again u wudnt get everyone going. so like john g said its best to keep looking on the that way everyone shud be happy :D

unless the venue is changed every year? :blink:

another idea maybe its daft i dunno?) wud be 4 scotland to hold say a northern champs and devon to hold a southern champs then the winners from each of these cud race against each other in a one day event in the midlands? :blink:

I think your committee have this in hand I did contact Doreen <i think>and gave her the contact No for the venue just off Jct 2,M5 and providing this venue can cover your racing requirements,Then i believe it would be ideal,It has a new Clubroom for around 200/250 people,There is a small bar/snug for around 20 people,then there is another smaller Clubroom for around 100 people or so,There are over 20+ <forget the exact number> changing rooms with showers, and an area that can be used for Caravans.It is around 15 mins from Birmingham and Wolverhampton City Centres for you Clubbers,and 10 Mins from Merry Hill Shopping Centre.The only thing we cannot provide is the Sea & Beach. ;)

Devon would be too far for us Scots,,,just like Kirkcaldy would be too far for Devon. People need to remember it takes a lot out of the dogs travelling this distance. The champs need to be in the Midlands to be fair on all the dogs. I hope we find a safe track for the dogs, with camping too,,We all want the best dogs to attend, but go home sound too. Im sure the BWRA have a few tracks in mind and it will come out at the meeting.

greyhoundp said:
I think your committee have this in hand I did contact Doreen <i think>and gave her the contact No for the venue just off Jct 2,M5 and providing this venue can cover your racing requirements,Then i believe it would be ideal,It has a new Clubroom for around 200/250 people,There is a small bar/snug for around 20 people,then there is another smaller Clubroom for around 100 people or so,There are over 20+ <forget the exact number> changing rooms with showers, and an area that can be used for Caravans.It is around 15 mins from Birmingham and Wolverhampton City Centres for you Clubbers,and 10 Mins from Merry Hill Shopping Centre.The only thing we cannot provide is the Sea & Beach.  ;)

this sounds ideal :D

sherry said:
greyhoundp said:
I think your committee have this in hand I did contact Doreen <i think>and gave her the contact No for the venue just off Jct 2,M5 and providing this venue can cover your racing requirements,Then i believe it would be ideal,It has a new Clubroom for around 200/250 people,There is a small bar/snug for around 20 people,then there is another smaller Clubroom for around 100 people or so,There are over 20+ <forget the exact number> changing rooms with showers, and an area that can be used for Caravans.It is around 15 mins from Birmingham and Wolverhampton City Centres for you Clubbers,and 10 Mins from Merry Hill Shopping Centre.The only thing we cannot provide is the Sea & Beach.  ;)

this sounds ideal :D

main thing you forgot whats the track like :thumbsup:

is this venue dudley rugby ground if so we raced there about 9yrs ago it was a nightmare i know alot was to do with the weather but the field and track was very uneven but saying that alot can happen in 9yrs

This site is Birchley Sports & Social Club just TWO minutes from Jct 2 of the M5,that should be the Clue <TWO Minutes>to everyone who has raced in this area Dudley K Rugby Club is a lot further away from the Motorway,and awkward to get to.

Birchley Sports & Social used to stage Whippet Racing up until a few Years ago,when for some reason it stopped,whether it was because of the development to the Clubhouse indeed to some 25% of the site i have no idea,I believe some of the owners came from around the Stoke area.

Does anyone know why the Whippet Racing stopped? at this site.

I almost forgot Mcdonalds 2 Minutes away,2 Hotels 1 Minute away,Garage 1 Minute away,Savacentre <superstore recommended>3 Minutes.As a poster has said all it needs is a good enough Track,that i cannot give my opinion on,which is why i asked,why did Racing stop ?.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back