The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Web Site

raymac

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi

Has anyone know how much longer the BWRA web site will be down

Ray

I'm sure Malcolm will reply when he's sees your post.

I don't know, the main page seems to be down but I can still access database etc.

would have been helpful if it was available soon as its the only place the BWRA publish the minutes of the AGM I know they will be in W.N. but that won't be till probably next month and as there are some very important changes being made in 2009 its invaluable that all members get the same correct info

the TOP GUN site appears to have shut down for good as well

somebodies spit the dummy out again :p :lol: :oops:

I had a chat with Malcolm a while back and asked him about costing, whilst this was substantial, I think his own dissapointment was due to the lack of posting and communication the site was receiving. I'm hoping he does do a re-launch with some of the ideas he had in mind as he has a wealth of information to offer and an excellent database that we all have the priveledge of accessing. :luck:
Figured it easier to quote my response last time this was discussed.

The websites are not owned or funded by the BWRA, Malcolm has no obligation to act as PR for the BWRA, he's done this out of goodwill. Any information that had been posted regarding activities within the organisation has been via official statements issued by the BWRA committee.

The onus is on the committee to choose which way they wish to circulate information, if they prefer to give their statements via whippet news of through regional committee members then that is entirely their decision.

If someone had a genuine concern, they could always contact a committee member directly about any changes that may affect them, the advantage being that they would hopefully be able to answer any concerns the owners had rather than the member speculating.

It may well be that they are planning and preparing a statement that is accurate and detailed, following the onslaught of questioning that resulted at the AGM. In fairness, the meeting was 2 weeks before Christmas and we're only in our first routine work week now. While I appreciate it must be an anxious wait for some, I'd sooner see a statement that was accurate, well informed and thorough than a rush job that left more questions than answers. Obviously I'm speculating here but I think we've got to recognise that whippet racing isn't the be all and end all of some people's lives and when committee members donate so much of their own time to the sport, I cetainly wouldn't deny them the indulgence of family time over the Christmas period.

I personally don't give a damn about any statements, it's the excellent database i am missing. You can't get the info on breeding etc anywhere else.

Thank you for taking the time to respond

to my post regards BWRA web site

As i am new to this sport i did not know that this site was not run by the BWRA

I was looking for some info and know this site would help

hope if it continues i for one hope so

this site gets all the support it needs to carry on.

ray

THANK YOU :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IT WORKS FINE FOR ME AS WELL.

RAY

I had a chat with Malcolm a while back and asked him about costing, whilst this was substantial, I think his own dissapointment was due to the lack of posting and communication the site was receiving. I'm hoping he does do a re-launch with some of the ideas he had in mind as he has a wealth of information to offer and an excellent database that we all have the priveledge of accessing. :luck:
Figured it easier to quote my response last time this was discussed.

The websites are not owned or funded by the BWRA, Malcolm has no obligation to act as PR for the BWRA, he's done this out of goodwill. Any information that had been posted regarding activities within the organisation has been via official statements issued by the BWRA committee.

The onus is on the committee to choose which way they wish to circulate information, if they prefer to give their statements via whippet news of through regional committee members then that is entirely their decision.

If someone had a genuine concern, they could always contact a committee member directly about any changes that may affect them, the advantage being that they would hopefully be able to answer any concerns the owners had rather than the member speculating.

It may well be that they are planning and preparing a statement that is accurate and detailed, following the onslaught of questioning that resulted at the AGM. In fairness, the meeting was 2 weeks before Christmas and we're only in our first routine work week now. While I appreciate it must be an anxious wait for some, I'd sooner see a statement that was accurate, well informed and thorough than a rush job that left more questions than answers. Obviously I'm speculating here but I think we've got to recognise that whippet racing isn't the be all and end all of some people's lives and when committee members donate so much of their own time to the sport, I cetainly wouldn't deny them the indulgence of family time over the Christmas period.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back