The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Call This Justice......

Painted Lady

tattoo luvver
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Last June two lads beat a fawn to death in a local park....they had their trial yesterday..this is the outcome

TWO teenagers convicted of killing a fawn in Upton Country Park have been fined £1,000, sentenced to 100 hours community service and ordered to complete a six month rehabilitation course.

The pair both 17, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were sentenced at Poole Youth Court, today (Jan 14), following a two- day trial, last year, when evidence was heard they karate-chopped the baby deer in the face and kicked it to death.

The case attracted international condemnation, and around 20 animal rights protestors were at court to vent their fury at what they described as an “unjust, lenient sentence for a heinous crime.”

Lawyers representing one of the teenagers have lodged an appeal against his conviction.

Passing sentence District Judge Roger House, who had already told the boys, both from Poole, they would not face time behind bars, said there had been confusion about the power of the youth court.

He explained: “The fact is, the penalty for this offence according to guidelines can not be imprisonment at the youth court.”

However, he warned the pair that failure to adhere to the community sentences would result in them coming back before the courts.

Both teenagers agreed to pay £20 per week.

Animal rights supporter Linda Savage, said: “It is really disgusting that these boys were not put in prison. They have just been let off, basically.”

The pair had been found guilty of intentionally killing a deer while on land without consent, but cleared of beating a wild animal with intent to cause unnecessary suffering.

A third Poole boy was cleared of all charges.

During the trial one of the teenagers said the deer already had a broken leg and was bleeding when they stumbled across it in long grass on June 10 last year.

This teenage said they killed the animal to “put it out of its misery.”

Within days of the fawn’s death making headlines around the world, the boys names were given to police by a stunned Poole community.

A post-mortem examination revealed the tiny 3.6kg deer, aged between four to six weeks, suffered several skull fractures, a snapped spine and a broken leg.

During the trial veterinary surgeon David Holah told the court the otherwise healthy animal would have “suffered greatly” during its ordeal.

I am lost for words on this....what I would do to this scum i cant say on here....

Whatever it is you would do to them.....I'd help you with it!!!!!

Callous :rant: :rant:

You know what, Sarah, society stinks :rant:

How much longer before they inflict the same torture on a child or pet animal? Although IMO what they have done already is just as bad!!

Spineless, evil barstewards - should be locked up for many, many years!!! We don't need scum like that on this earth :rant: :rant: :rant:

Words just fail me Sarah.... :'( that poor defenceless little creature... :'(

tell you what sarah we could take turns in holding them and kicking the s##t out of them.

I can't say what I feel about those teenagers ... words fail me ... the anger and hatred I feel just now is too strong for words. They won't always be too young to name in the paper and I'm afraid the sort who can carry out such a violent crime will doubtless do something like it again in the future, I am very sorry to say. I mean, when you think of the mindset you must need to commit such cruelty, they surely must already have committed other acts of violence which haven't been reported or linked to them, previously?

I am so upset and shocked. Next time they do this, they'll be old enough to go to prison and they'll get their just desserts there.

Please excuse me being so negative; it was my friend's funeral on Friday, she loved all animals and wouldn't have hurt any living person or creature and I am still in shock that she is no longer with us. To think that such vile, mindless sh1ts such as those who killed that poor baby deer are still at large, with their freedom intact, so upsets me.

But I think they will get what's coming to them at some point - they'll upset someone who will fight back, at some point. I hate their kind.

I hope and pray every second of the day that these "lads" get what they deserve...Poole isnt a big town so someone surely will out them as such...just been reading another news article and again i am sat here sick to the stomach.

One of the teenagers told police: “I got carried away and was stupid. I thought it would be a laugh.”

There is more but it is just way to distressing.

Upton park is a beautiful place and we have spent many a happy time there but no way can i go there again..

tell you what sarah we could take turns in holding them and kicking the s##t out of them.
Don't they say that serial killers often start by torturing animals? If you can inflict this sort of cruelty on a harmless fawn, then I wouldn't be surprised if they moved onto pets and then children.

I couldn't though "kick the s**t out of them" any more than I could kill the fawn. I don't hate the lads but I feel really sad about the future of society.

At the very least a custodial sentence may have given them some time to reflect on their actions :(

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry posted twice in error!

At the very least a custodial sentence may have given them some time to reflect on their actions

do you really think that would do any good? i very much doubt it :unsure:

Don't they say that serial killers often start by torturing animals? If you can inflict this sort of cruelty on a harmless fawn, then I wouldn't be surprised if they moved onto pets and then children.

I couldn't though "kick the s**t out of them" any more than I could kill the fawn. I don't hate the lads but I feel really sad about the future of society.

At the very least a custodial sentence may have given them some time to reflect on their actions :(
I agree! there is way too much s**tkicking going on these days :thumbsup:

Kicking these two is just going down to their level. They need locking up, that will not make them any better though. The best thing would be to drown them at birth. :oops:

yeah....especially on that poor little deer eh? an eye for an eye i reckon

yeah....especially on that poor little deer eh? an eye for an eye i reckon

a custodial sentence that would have been a couple of months out on good behaivior

i would like them to suffer like they made a poor innocent defenceless creature, what would they do next beat up someones gran :angry:

In circumstances like these I still like to think I can express myself in moderate terms. However, when I think of the distress, the shock, the sheer agony that they put that innocent young creature through it makes me angry enough to wish the same on them. What - or who - will be their next target?

Ok then, so we want these two thugs to feel pain like the fawn did? Do we beat them up? Maybe we tie them up and torture them, drill holes in their teeth, electrocute them? Who carries out this sentence? I couldn't and I'd be seriously worried about anyone that could beat someone for any reason.

The only option for a civilised society is a custodial sentence, maybe bring back hard labour? An eye for an eye may sound fair but when it comes down to carrying this out what does that make us. Imagine if we had people whose job it was to carry out these sentences, to beat people up, to inflict pain - would these people be any better than the SS who worked in Auschwitz?

for people who can walk through a busy country park..see an exquisite and beautiful creature such as a baby deer and decide to inflict such horrendous cruelty on her (for a laugh(yes...i feel they do deserve to feel her pain.Does that make me a bad person? If someone attacked one of my dogs in such a manner would you expect me to be "civilised" about it? I think to compare me wanting a decent punishment to the SS is slightly over the top dont you and for one i am deeply offended by that.

Am out of this one :sweating: Can see its going to kick off here ,big time ;)

can you imagine being the parent of these youths, what an horrendous thought that your child had done such an horrific thing, sickening

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back