The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Can dogs go crazy just like humans?

Dogica

DOGICA 3D World of Dog & Puppy --- > www.dogica.co
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello, guys!

Nice to meet your fantastic pooch community :charles:

Here is the my first topic and I hope you will found it interesting:

How about dogs going crazy & wild? Is it possible? (I am not talking and mean of dog fight related stuff!)

Is it possible that pooch becomes sick with human brain deseases just like PARANOYA and SCHIZOPHRENIA ?

And if so - which are the symptoms? How the poor doggy reacts? Is it the same with humanic ones?

I can not found any true medical or professional info on this topic

Anybody has any ideas?

Thanks for your Time & Interest !

Kai

I don't think that they can be categorised as schizophrenia and paranoia, just because so much of the diagnosis with these conditions is based around the patient being able to tell you what they are thinking and feeling. They can and do, however, have chemical imbalances which result in major behavioural and mental health problems and in some cases these can affect them all the way from puppyhood.

There are also things such as epilepsy, which is common in some breeds (some of which, like spaniels, have it as a result of breeding for the shape of the head causing pressure issues inside the skull), and brain injury or tumour which can produce enormous changes in behaviour and mental health.

I would think so, they need simulation and interaction like us humans do. They are pack animals so are not meant to be alone!!

What an interesting subject!! I would say yes, as I know my theo needs lots of attention and excercise. Situmlation is key and if like us they don't get it I can imagine it does have an effect.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back