The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Canine Communication

Strix

Beagletastic
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
How well does your dog communicate?

Brude has always been very expressive and creative where communication is concerned...

... today's gem: having failed to persuade me to feed him an hour early, just to make sure I'd understood the point he was trying to make... he presented me with H's bib!

Beagles :rolleyes:

Molly does some world class eyebrown and ear work, which is generally coupled with one of her many whines and groans, but strangely her communications are very rarely about food and feeding time. She usually communicates about how unfair it is that she has to lie in her bed instead of lying on the children, or nuzzling one of the cats, or running round in a circle because she's got herself all worked up about something.

She's got a nice line in letting me know that there's something that I need to pay attention to as well, ranging from a 'house bark' to some enormous huffing and snuffling REALLY LOUDLY at the back of the front door, which means that there's someone she wants to fuss near the house (but not someone who I need to be concerned or informed about- that would have a bark instead).

Just before Christmas an ex-lodger who got on really well with Molly came to visit and just before she knocked the door Molly started barking like the world was ending, and bouncing up to about 5 feet off the ground. She knows that this gets her no attention at all so she got herself together to sit quietly for me to open the door but I have never seen that sort of reaction to anybody else. Once the door was open she dashed out, squealing at the top of her voice and literally boinging to head height up and down the entry, bouncing off the walls, so I think she was communicating extreme happiness there :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back