The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Canine Multiple Sclerosis - Help!

lorna anne

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A friend of mine has a 10 year old Whippet which has been diagnosed with a degenerative neurological disease, MYELOPATHY. This is often called "canine multiple sclerosis" and she has been told there is no cure for it. It ends in total paralysis.

The first symptoms my friend noticed was a general lack of coordination of her whippet's limbs, especially on smooth surfaces and he also started loosing his footing. When he runs on the grass he looks as though his legs get "mixed up". He isn't in pain or discomfort or stiff.

This disease is quite common in breeds like the Kerry Blue, Corgi and Germans Shepherd. I would just like to know if anyone out there has had experience with this horrible disease in Whippets? :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back