The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Car Sickness

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi Kirsty,

I had the same problem as you...... so I also asked people on here :D

I tried Ginger biscuits, but didn't work..

I then tried Sealegs... hey presto!!!!!! no more sickness :D

We use them all the time now if we going in car..

Good Luck

Billy, my whippet had a severe car sickness problem (puke, wee, drooling messing!)

Tried doing short journeys, sitting him car even if i wasnt going anywhere, no difference. Then i got Ellie all he does is whimper now! So my suggestion is get another dog ;) :lol: :- "

*Lesley* said:
Mine were sick or drooling every journey upto about 8 months but they just grew out of it, they are fine now any length of journey, I tend not to feed them soon before though, hope it works out :thumbsup:
Thankyou all very much for your ideas on travel sickness.

Iknow this has nothing to do with dogs but I am knew to the K9 chat and advise, and also computors. Could somebody please explain to me how I send a email so it goes out to your view new posts.

Also I need help on where to get a nice Whippet collar from as this breed is new to me.

All the mail I read on your new posts is so interesting, but I can't seem to send my mail to there.

Thankyou for your time.

Juliarna.

juliarna said:
*Lesley* said:
Mine were sick or drooling every journey upto about 8 months but they just grew out of it, they are fine now any length of journey, I tend not to feed them soon before though, hope it works out :thumbsup:

Iknow this has nothing to do with dogs but I am knew to the K9 chat and advise, and also computors. Could somebody please explain to me how I send a email so it goes out to your view new posts.

Also I need help on where to get a nice Whippet collar from as this breed is new to me.

All the mail I read on your new posts is so interesting, but I can't seem to send my mail to there.

Thankyou for your time.

Juliarna.

juliarna said:
*Lesley* said:

Thankyou for your time.

Juliarna.

Hiya Juiarna I'm not totally sure what you mean by the new post bit could you give us a bit more detail, if you mean you want to start a new topic(this would put your reply in view new posts) you just go to the main page decide which section you want to post in then click on it, in the top right hand corner it will say 'New topic ' thats how you start a new post.

This might not be what you mean at all if not we'll try again when you give us some more info. :)

Collars, try this link it has lots of places for nice collars :thumbsup:

http://www.k9community.co.uk/forums/index....showtopic=11540

Hi and Welcome to K9

Jackie and the MULCAIR WHIPPETS

Nigel , is the one to ask if you have problems ;) Go to original page and the top Forums you will see a HELP forum , :p

Seraphina said:
Many Whippets and Borzois have this problem.  i thought I had it all under control; not feeding for couple of hours before journey and only lighjt meal then.  Taking them for short, gradually increasing trip.  Various nausea tablets etc.  But nothing worked on Callista.  Finally, somebody sugested Junket tablets. Now I give 1 just before I put her in the car and she even doesn't seem to hate the car as much as she did before. :thumbsup: Lida

Hi thankyou for information on car sickness and aniety in the car. Could you please let me know where I ca get Junket tablets from.

Thanks.

Juliarna

Tina Of Windsdream said:
kirsty said:
Hi Everyone,
I was just wondering if any of you had any ideas how to cure a dog with car sickness?  My friends 6 month old dog is sick every time she goes out in the car!   She is even sick if she has not been fed prior to the car journey.  It doesn't seem to matter if she puts her in the back or the front.  Maybe she will need to take her to the vet for some kind of pills.  I think she is going to buy the Johnsons travel pills in the pet shop first.  I have heard some dogs grow out of being sick in the car as they get older.  I have never had a dog which has had this problem, but maybe it was luck.

Kirsty

Hi kirsty, ive used sealegs for my dogs, works realy well. pop one down the throat about an hour before you travel.

You can buy them from the local chemist only cheap :thumbsup:

read this article with interest as we are having the same problem with our new pup hes 13 weeks old now and even on the smallest journey the poor thing is sick, he dosent seem bothered by the car itself he just gets sick, i know its early days yet but want to try and nip it in the bud as soon as is possible, can you tell me what age they can start having these pills.

many thanks

diane

Tina Of Windsdream said:
kirsty said:
Hi Everyone,
I was just wondering if any of you had any ideas how to cure a dog with car sickness?  My friends 6 month old dog is sick every time she goes out in the car!   She is even sick if she has not been fed prior to the car journey.  It doesn't seem to matter if she puts her in the back or the front.  Maybe she will need to take her to the vet for some kind of pills.  I think she is going to buy the Johnsons travel pills in the pet shop first.  I have heard some dogs grow out of being sick in the car as they get older.  I have never had a dog which has had this problem, but maybe it was luck.

Kirsty

Hi kirsty, ive used sealegs for my dogs, works realy well. pop one down the throat about an hour before you travel.

We have used Sealeags as well before and find that it helps.

lou14 said:
Tina Of Windsdream said:
kirsty said:
Hi Everyone,

Kirsty

read this article with interest as we are having the same problem with our new pup hes 13 weeks old now and even on the smallest journey the poor thing is sick, he dosent seem bothered by the car itself he just gets sick, i know its early days yet but want to try and nip it in the bud as soon as is possible, can you tell me what age they can start having these pills.

many thanks

diane

Hi Diane,

Your puppy should be fine to take Sealegs at 13 weeks. Just give half a tablet an hour before the planned trip in the car. :thumbsup:

Millie said:
lou14 said:
Tina Of Windsdream said:
kirsty said:
Hi Everyone,

Kirsty

many thanks

diane

Hi Diane,

Your puppy should be fine to take Sealegs at 13 weeks. Just give half a tablet an hour before the planned trip in the car. :thumbsup:

hi

many thanks i will try that and see how it goes, will let you know if it is successful

thanks again diane

hi,we had this problem with our dogs and it was suggested to us by one of our local vets that we tried ginger biscuits!we gave our dog 1 about half an hour before each journey and it did the trick,definately worth a go!

mad dog said:
hi,we had this problem with our dogs and it was suggested to us by one of our local vets that we tried ginger biscuits!we gave our dog 1 about half an hour before each journey and it did the trick,definately worth a go!
I have tried most things with my whippet who is now 7months old and nothing seems to work.

I have tried sealegs, ginger biscuits rescue remedy shredded news paper and lots more. He is not only sick but is very anxious. So if anybody has any suggestions please could you let me know.

Juliarna.

have you tried the serume food drops,never used them but the are supposed to be good for anxiety including fireworks and car sickness

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back