The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Castrated Dog Ties With Bitch

WIGGY

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
MY FREIND HAS JUST RUNG ME VERY UPSET. SHE HAD HER DOG CASTRATED 18 MONTHS AGO WHEN HE WAS 5 MONTHS OLD. SHE HAS JUST FOUND HIM TIED TO HER FEMALE WHO IS IN THE 2ND WEEK OF HER SEASON. SHE HAS RUNG THE VETS WHO SAID ITS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. SHE HAS RUNG A 2ND VET FOR A 2ND OPINION AND THEY HAVE MADE A APPOINTMENT TO HAVE A BLOOD TEST DONE. IS IT ANYWAY POSSIBLE THAT HE COULD MAKE THE BITCH PREGNANT? AS THIS IS REALY OUT OF THE QUESTION.

I have heard of this before and no pregnancy resulted :wacko:

its not uncommon for neutered dogs to still tie with a bitch, but as long as the op was more than 3 months ago, they will be no pregnancy, so as the neuter was carried out 18 months ago, there should be nothing to worry about.

WIGGY said:
MY FREIND HAS JUST RUNG ME VERY UPSET.  SHE HAD HER DOG CASTRATED 18 MONTHS AGO WHEN HE WAS 5 MONTHS OLD. SHE HAS JUST FOUND HIM TIED TO HER FEMALE WHO IS IN THE 2ND WEEK OF HER SEASON. SHE HAS RUNG THE VETS WHO SAID ITS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. SHE HAS RUNG A 2ND VET FOR A 2ND OPINION AND THEY HAVE MADE A APPOINTMENT TO HAVE A BLOOD TEST DONE. IS IT ANYWAY POSSIBLE THAT HE COULD MAKE THE BITCH PREGNANT? AS THIS IS REALY OUT OF THE QUESTION.
More money grabbing tactics by Vets!! Of course he cannot make her pregnant but I really cannot understand why people think neutered dogs cannot/will not mate bitches!!!

dessie said:
WIGGY said:
MY FREIND HAS JUST RUNG ME VERY UPSET.  SHE HAD HER DOG CASTRATED 18 MONTHS AGO WHEN HE WAS 5 MONTHS OLD. SHE HAS JUST FOUND HIM TIED TO HER FEMALE WHO IS IN THE 2ND WEEK OF HER SEASON. SHE HAS RUNG THE VETS WHO SAID ITS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. SHE HAS RUNG A 2ND VET FOR A 2ND OPINION AND THEY HAVE MADE A APPOINTMENT TO HAVE A BLOOD TEST DONE. IS IT ANYWAY POSSIBLE THAT HE COULD MAKE THE BITCH PREGNANT? AS THIS IS REALY OUT OF THE QUESTION.
More money grabbing tactics by Vets!! Of course he cannot make her pregnant but I really cannot understand why people think neutered dogs cannot/will not mate bitches!!!

THATS THE REASON WE ASKED AS WE DIDNT KNOW THE ANSWER. THOUGHT THAT WAS THE WHOLE IDEA OF THE FORUM. NOT TO HAVE SOME ONE TRY TO MAKE YOU LOOK SMALL

My castrated dog tied with my bitch a few times, mainly because she threw herself at him!!!! There is no way your dog can sire puppies, impossible. :cheers:

Bobby, our Collie X, mated and tied with Dolly on her first season, which was a bit of a surprise to us. He was about 5 yrs old and had been castrated at about 1 year old. We were concerned that he might have injured her. :eek: She was later spayed.

I had never seen this happen, nor heard of it, even though I worked for a vet years ago. :- "

No puppies could occur, assuming he had been castrated correctly. I did wonder though if a dog had a retained testicle that had not been removed, could he then produce pups. I know retained testicles would mean sperm not being at the correct temperature etc, but wondered if it could be possible. (I know it would be rather unlikely).

Personally if your friend is 100% happy that her dog was castrated properly, then I wouldn't waste money on a blood test.

~Sarah~ said:
Bobby, our Collie X, mated and tied with Dolly on her first season, which was a bit of a surprise to us. He was about 5 yrs old and had been castrated at about 1 year old. We were concerned that he might have injured her.  :eek:   She was later spayed.
I had never seen this happen, nor heard of it, even though I worked for a vet years ago.  :- "

No puppies could occur, assuming he had been castrated correctly. I did wonder though if a dog had a retained testicle that had not been removed, could he then produce pups. I know retained testicles would mean sperm not being at the correct temperature etc, but wondered if it could be possible. (I know it would be rather unlikely).

Personally if your friend is 100% happy that her dog was castrated properly, then I wouldn't waste money on a blood test.

my friend said that as far as she is aware he was castrated correctly. the vets didnt say there were any problems at the time. thanks for your reasurance. oh and this dog is also called bobby ha ha

Our friends used to have two collies, one an entire bitch, the other a castrated male. It was quite common for the male to tie with the bitch when she was in season. Castration doesn't seem to take away the urge completely, especially if living with an entire bitch. :* :- "

I wouldn't worry at all :thumbsup:

My male never mated a bitch until AFTER he was castrated!!! He happily mated anyone who asked him to ... especially flirty little virgins :oops: He is not so keen now he is an old man, but will accommodate his girls if they really insist :huggles:

I have also known a castrated dog mate a speyed bitch ...and tie!!!! ... used to see this frequently at a mares house with her two crossbreds!!! :teehee:

Isn't this why people who keep a few female ferrets,also keep a hob,who's had his wee nuts removed.When he mates with the females,it brings them out of season.Otherwise,they would stay in season for the whole Spring,and Summer,leaving them open to all kinds of infections,and possible death.Although with a dog,it doesn't knock the bitch of heat,but will not,and can not result in puppies.

Bobby, our Collie X, mated and tied with Dolly on her first season, which was a bit of a surprise to us. He was about 5 yrs old and had been castrated at about 1 year old. We were concerned that he might have injured her. :eek: She was later spayed.

I had never seen this happen, nor heard of it, even though I worked for a vet years ago. :- "

I have been reading up on cryptorchidism (undescended testicles) as our pup is five months and only has one showing. Undescended testicles can produce testosterone but not sperm.

With ferrets, we use a vasectomised male to bring the females out of season, not a castrated one. Ferrets are different from dogs in many ways, including breeding and seasons.

Castrated dogs can and do mate and tie, though there is no risk of pups. There is, however, significant risk of injury/infection, so it's better that it doesn't happen.

I do wish vets would explain about this when people bring their male dogs in for castration.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back