The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Castrated Today

wendy1

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi

I am new to the forum so bear with me. I am confused and need some advice.

I have just had my 8 male boxer castrated and he has arrived home...however he still looks like he has his b**ls intact?? :oops: I was expecting a much reduced pacakge back there but if its possible he looks even bigger( he was very well endowed before (w00t) ) Hubbie reckons this is just the after op swelling, but I expected the Vet to leave his b*LS on the operating table :lol: Shall I ring the vet and ask him to explain exactly what he did?

Wendy

wendy1 said:
Hi
I am new to the forum so bear with me. I am confused and need some advice.

I have just had my 8 male boxer castrated and he has arrived home...however he still looks like he has his b**ls intact?? :oops: I was expecting a much reduced pacakge back there but if its possible he looks even bigger( he was very well endowed before (w00t) ) Hubbie reckons this is just the after op swelling, but I expected the Vet to leave his b*LS on the operating table :lol: Shall I ring the vet and ask him to explain exactly what he did?

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

There is probably swelling in what is now his empty sacks, and maybe fluid in there, if you are worried call your vet, but it should reduce and shrink back.

rachel

If they just look swollen and a bit tender after the op i woulnt worry if the sewllings getting worres or bigger give you vet a call dont think i have had any of my greyhounds come back looking even bigger but over the next few days it should subside and they will look like empty saggyold ladts boobs (sorry could think of what eles the look like) over a longer period of time the sacks will shrink to nothing or allmost nothing. just call you vet if your at all worred.

Cocker Spaniels ears perhaps? :- "

I'd say it's just swelling, but if this continues or gets worse, definitely get it checked in case he's bleeding a bit. Did he look a bit smug, coming back with nuts like melons? :lol:

Well I called the vet back and the receptionist said that he had definately been castrated and she could confirm that as she had watched the op :D She made me giggle actually as she remembers remarking that Bruno's balls were the biggest she had ever seen "like ripe plums " :lol: :lol: Anyway she confirmed that the swelling will subside and his empty sack will shrivel and shrink to a little flap a distant souvenir of his former prowess :lol: :lol: Right I can relax now and I will let you know when he starts to look like he has been deballed, which is what I wanted :D

wendy

Poor bruno he would be so embarassed if he could read this :lol: :lol:

wendy1 said:
Well I called the vet back and the receptionist said that he had definately been castrated and she could confirm that as she had watched the op :D She made me giggle actually as she remembers remarking that Bruno's balls were the biggest she had ever seen "like ripe plums " :lol:   :lol: Anyway she confirmed that the swelling will subside and his empty sack will shrivel and shrink to a little flap a distant souvenir of his former prowess :lol:   :lol: Right I can relax now and I will let you know when he starts to look like he has been deballed, which is what I wanted :D
wendy

I cant imagine what the peple in the waiting room thought when they were listening to receptionist (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back