The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cat fleas on dogs needing advise due to dog having reaction

jadieR

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have come to join your forum for help and advice please, ive kept animals for over 13 years, ive always wormed and used the spot on , on all 3 of my dogs, anyways i have a new partner and his kids come full of cat flea bites and ive even pulled fleas oit of their hairs, my dogs have them now ive fully glee powedered my house sofas, carpets everything. Ine tried various pipettes and shampoos on my dogs and they wont go, my smallest as what seems an allergic reaction now as shes lost fur ant the bottom of her tsil andvbit herself really bad..... could someone advise on the best treatment to put on my dogs necks, i have seen one in the orts at home 'for small dogs, cats and rabbits. I was thinking this brcause i believe the treatments im using is just for dogs, and i think my dogs have cat fleas, also ehich spray powder eill be the best in my home and mostly what ointment i can use on my smallest dog where shes lost fur and made a mess of her skin due to the reaction, any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks

Dog fleas are quite rare. Most dogs have cat fleas. If there are cats around, even neighbours ones, that will be the source. They deposit the flea eggs in the garden where they can live for over a year.

You will need to get the veterinary prescription strength flea treatments and house spray from your vet. Fleas have become immune to all the other ones :( You will need to treat regularly for at least 3 months. There are treatments that come in tablet form now if that suits you better.

Your dog with the sore skin will need to be seen by the vet to treat that area so that it does not become infected.

Sometimes the house can be so infested with fleas that you have to have a fumigation carried out by an expert.

First I would get to the vet to get the best treatment available. Vacuum, vacuum, vacuum. Spray all the areas that are hard to reach with the vacuum with the spray the vet will give you for the house.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back