The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cavapoo licking and biting paws

Gazziedawg

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a 2 year old male cavapoo and for the past 4 months (roughly) he has been licking and biting at his laws after he has been outside. We had him at the vet and were given steroids which seemed to stop it as the vet thought it was possibly a pollen allergy, however once the course was finished it returned. He is regularly groomed and has no sore bits etc on his paws.

I wondered if anyone had encountered this and if so what you used to resolve it or what anti histamine I can give him daily. Thanks in advance for any advice.

When you say you groom him, do you actually wash his paws? If not, that's the first thing I'd try.

Yes his paws get washed and there has been no change to the shampoo etc used, he is groomed every 6 weeks

Apologies, I wasn't really clear what I meant. I was thinking that if it's a seasonal allergy, it might be worthwhile washing them in plain water after every visit outside.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back