The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

CBD oil for dog anxiety

Lulus dad

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi
Have been trying to do some research to use CBD oil for our Jack Russell, we have tried the Nutracalm the vet recommended but it does not work for her, we have been told to use CBD oil as that helps dogs, does anyone have any experience using this with their dogs, can you buy it over counter in UK, can see big in other countries and can buy it for pets, any advise would be appreciated,
Many thanks
Lulu's dad

I have used it and do use it still on a occasion and I claim it has worked for my dogs. You can buy it over the counter from many shops (for human use), Holland& Barrett etc... even Asda sell it in some of their supermarkets.
I originally started to research for the right kind of oil for myself (that took some doing...lots of products available but not all are what they are claiming to be) and eventually settled buying from few different companies, most often from UK company that does 'raw' cannabis oil (does not have the THS compound in it that gives you the 'high') and I have used the same oil for my dogs but in very small doze....literally just a drop or two per day. I put the drop(s) on back of my hand and they are very happy to lick it off. I haven't bought any oil that is specifically labelled for pet use so I cannot recommend any.
I can give you few links that I purchased oil from and found them good for myself and for my dogs..
- 300mg CBD Oil (3%) | Provacan | The UK's Most Trusted Quality
- CBD Oil UK | Buy the best and purest products at - Cibdol
- Hemp Oils Uk - 20% (Raw) Hemp Oil - 10ML Bottle - UK Company - Omega 3-6-9 New Formula : Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

Reactions: RGC
[QUOTE (="monherry, post: 1219274, member: 116211"]What are peoples personal opinion of using CBD oil for their dogs arthritis? Did it help?[/QUOTE]
There is no scientific evidence that CBD helps dogs with arthritis, or indeed what harmful side effects it might have. I personally would never experiment with untested drugs on my animals.

If you are concerned about arthritis, the best place to get information is the vet-run Canine Arthritis Management Canine Arthritis Management – Arthritis in Dogs (they are also on Facebook). Masses of free, sound advice.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back