The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Champs

Darcia

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Good luck to all the racers who are running dogs in the champs on Sunday.

Best Wishes

Darcia, Rob and the Duncton Boys.

Nigel and I would both like to say a big Well Done! to all the winners at the Champs, particularly to John & Barbara Broderick and newly titled WCRCh. Mahler who was the only dog to be made up to Champion but also to new half coats - Khali of Muir, Woodnymph, Warhammer, Ansome Harry and Steadfast. And of course lets not forget the oldies getting their Veteran Crowns - Darkling Ember, Ballistic Bunny and Gold 'n' Silver.

Just for you Barbara - Here are the results of the finals. Not official you understand - just what I wrote down on my programme so if anyone knows any better just say so and I will edit it. Wouldn't like to get into trouble!

16lb group

1. Khali of Muir

2. WCRCh Final Harmony

3. Little Simba

4. Firebrand.

18lb group

1. WCRCh Firecrest

2. Arethusa

3. Arete

4. Whiphaven Bubble & Squeak.

20lb group

1. Woodnymph

2. Red Devil

3. Fuller Spirit

4. Guye's Guinevere.

22lb group

1. WCRCh. Flybynite

2. Molly Malone

3. Minnie Mouse

4. Delter Showing Red.

24lb group

1. Warhammer

2. Nella of Muir

3. Deadly Nightshade

4. Half A Chance

26lb group

1. Ansome Harry

2. Tommy Gunn

3. Wishful Thinking

4. WCRCh Patches

28lb group

1. WCRCh Mahler

2. Runaway

3. Rebecca's Delight

4. Cost A Bob

30lb group

1. WCRCh. Bobby Dazzler

2. Rock 'N' Roll

3. The Count

4. Guye's Gwithian

32lb group

1. Steadfast

2. Jasper's JCB

3. Just Davey

4. Guye's Gunner.

Veteran 6-7yrs up to 20lb

1. WCRCh/VC Darkling Ember

2. WCRCh/VC Serena

3. WCRCh/VC Blackbird

4. Black Angel

Vets. 6-7yrs, 21-24lb

1. VC Ballistic Bunny

2. The Real McCoy

3. Gallanta Venture

4. Show Me Off

Vets 6-7yrs, 25-32lb

1. VC Gemville Saracen

2. WCRCh Little Macaulay

3. 'Ere Comes Trouble

4. WCRCh/VC Poldark's Boy

Vets. 8yrs & over, up to 22lb

1. VC Aswas Beauty

2. VC Whisper

3. Vensuter Sparkling Venture

4. Pepperami

Vets. 8yrs & over, 23-32lb

1. VC Gold 'N' Silver

2. Satin Sunset

3. Morton's Delight

4. Kool Moon

Steve and I would also like to add our congratulations. The Caledonian Thistle crowd had travelled for around 10 hours to get to the venue, and it was brilliant to see their success on the day.  I believe the club is going from strength to strength up there in Scotland, and indeed has more members than some of the southern clubs, so we look forward to see more of the Scots down here in the future.

We left Newmarket at around 9.00pm last night, and left the jubilant Scots, Gill and Sam Harcombe, and the ever popular Barbara & John Broderick, (amongst others) celebrating the new WCRCh Mahler, half coat Warhammer, and WCRCh and new Veteran Crown Darkling Ember - all dogs were being spoilt rotten!

Well done also to Shaz and John Pedder and Ansome Harry, hopefully we'll see more of you around the opens, and also Sonja and Martin Moore and Ballistic Bunny who also won his Veteran Crown.

Congratulations to Paul Stead and Steadfast, what a dog to have as your first whippet!    

The faces were like this when we left :cheesy: :biggrin: :cheesy: :biggrin: but I bet they had sore heads this morning!

Daphne and Phyl seem to have another success, with Woodnymph getting her half coat at what must be her first open.  Well done to all winners and finalists.

(Edited by June Jonigk at 11:58 am on July 2, 2001)

In my role as Secretary of the Caledonian Thistle, can I say a big congratulations to Davy & Carol and Warhammer for their win on Sunday from the committee and club members, we are so proud of them - it was a well deserved win for our racing manager and Carol  who have both worked so hard for this very new club, and helped so many new club members get their dogs running, often much to their surprise and delight!  Warhammer has been in four championships and made the final in EVERY one.  Quite an achievement as also all the Scottish dogs have to travel around 400 miles (8-10 hours) to get to the tracks - (like many of the Cornish dogs I suspect).  Well done also to Doug Smith his breeder, the club now has several English bred racing dogs - which is increasing our gene pool in Scotland and this can only enhance and benefit the sport in general and Scottish racing.  Already some of Warhammer's puppies are at the track - we look forward to 2002 - maybe in the far future there will even be a Scottish racing league!!

Can I also thank all those people who have sent their congratulations and gave us all such tremendous support on the day.  My personal thanks also to all those who expressed so much delight to Donald and myself on Crazy Daisy's performance - after last year's disappointments it was so good to see her running once more.

Thanks to everyone for their hospitality at the weekend - surprisingly there were no sore heads on Monday!! and a big congratulations to all the other winners.

Yes - we will be back!

June

I would like to thank every body  for a great weekend we had at the The Champs.  Congratulations to all the racers who won their groups,  and well done to all racers.   And   a very special thank you to June Foster for trapping my dogs. It was a wonderful weekend, (i'm still smiling)  :biggrin:     Ansom Harry looks even more Ansom. luv shaz and John Pedder.

What a day to remember! The hangover's gone but the memories never will.

Thanks to Judy and Nigel, June for the congrats sent to Steadfast. Thanks to Mike and Ginny for Ollie's wonderful hydro-therapy. Most of all thanks to Jane and Blackbird for the stupendous support (not to mention the chauffeur service) and to Doug and Steffie for breeding such a pair of stonkers as Jasper and Ollie - no you can't have Ollie back Doug!

See you at the next frenzy.

Paul.

PS sorry if this is a bit 'gushing' but it means a heck of a lot to me.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back