The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Changing your Avatar

Nigel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

I've noticed a couple of people have made use of the option to change your Avatar in your control panel. That is easy to do & allows everyone their own choice of Avatar. However if you link to a site rather than upload the image please check the Terms & Conditions from the site you are linking to.

For example a couple have linked to www.uselessgraphics.com - there is a message on the front page of that site that says -

DO NOT LINK DIRECTLY TO THIS SITE

("It is not good "netiquette")

Unfortunately that is what you have done - everytime someone loads a page with the new Avatar on the Avatar is loaded directly from that site. That uses their bandwidth - & that's what costs them real money.

Uselessgrapics.com says that the images are free from copyright, so what you should do is copy them to your own www space. Almost every Internet Service Provider (the people that provide your dial up or broadband access) provide you with some web space, copy the Avatar there & then link to that.

Alternatively you should save a copy of the Avatar on your hard drive & then use the upload facility in the Avatar Control Panel to upload the Avatar to K9

If you really cannot manage that I could add a few to more to the K9 server. If you email me the image, tell me where it has come from & I will add it.

Please ensure all images you use are copyright free.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back