The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Chat Server

Nigel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Towards the top of the page on the 'Menu strip' you will see a new icon 'Live Chat'. Selecting this link will load the Chat Room software - be patient it can take a short while to load. With this you will be able to talk (type) in real time with each other...

It hasn't been tested much and there is still some work to do, but give it a try. Points to note are that you will need a modern browser with Java enabled to use the chat room. Microsoft haven't done a very good job at implimenting Java in IE so you are advised to go to www.java.com to download & update your IE browser (but be aware that it's a 15Mb download). However it should work without this update - it will just be better with it.

A help file is available here.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment the chat server isn't (probably isn't) functional - I think this is due to routing difficulties while the DNS is being changed. Hopefully this will sort itself out within the next day.

OOooooh cool, just been in there talking to myself lol :D

Some good pictures too!

You're doing better than me. I can connect, but not through the 'Live Chat' link - perhaps it's my firewall...

All seems to be working OK now.

Can I suggest a regular chat time of 20.00 GMT? Everyone can go on whenever they want but if everyone tries to meet at a particular time hen we'll have more chance of someone to chat with :w

Hi Nigel

i'm running IE6 and can access it no problem, just have no one to talk to :(

Hi Mark

I tried to talk to you earlier today but being a new boy at this game I only succeeded in cutting myself off.

I agree that perhaps set times should be agreed when the chat room should be open so that we all know that there will be someone in the room. 8 pm sounds alright but daytime sessions at, say, 10am and 3pm would also be an advantage.

Cheers

agree that perhaps set times should be agreed when the chat room should be open so that we all know that there will be someone in the room. 8 pm sounds alright but daytime sessions at, say, 10am and 3pm would also be an advantage.
Great Idea that would cater for the sad sods that spend all day looking at K9? whooops that would be ME! :(

What about people from other time zones? Or is the chat room restricted to UK only? If we restrict times to GMT then it's not fair on the rest of the world! I think it would be useful to have some kind of idea when you click on the chat room icon to know if the room is empty or "occupied", to save wasting time loading.

(Incidentally, I have been in there a couple of times now and had a nice little chat - just rubbing it in......)

The chat room is open 24hrs a day. If there is a group of users who want to arrange a regular chat for a particular time just put a post on the board and advertise it.

I'm working on the 'is there anyone in the room' idea :w

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back