The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Chihuahua/yorkshire Terrier Barking At Family Member

angbanks

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Flo is a year old but she has only been with us for 3 weeks. Her last home breeds dogs and apparently she didnt fit in with the other dogs there (they have 10 dogs), she then went to another home which lasted 6 days as she continoulsly followed them around, they couldnt hack that poor little thing, so we have re homed her.She hasnt had a good start in life but has settled in with us quite nicely, but for some reason she has taken a dislike to my husband!!. Everytime he comes into the room she will bark continously at him, if he is sitting down and just moves his leg or gets up it starts her off. She is absolutly fine with the grandchildren who are 3, and other people who come to the house, it is just him. I have always had dogs and have never had a problem like this, any advice would be greatly appreciated. She has been to the vets and been given a clean bill of health, i mentioned this problem to him and he prescribed Zylkene tablets to help calm her down. She was also in season when she first arrived but is out of it now. We will have her spayed in 3 months time.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Angie

Hello Angie - welcome to Dog Forum!

Oh dear your poor hubby!

I would seek advice from a dog behaviourist..

Can we see a picture of her?

Hi, yes we are thinking maybe we should go down that route, there are pictures of her on my daughter in laws facebook page, as they own a pet shop and pet boutique in worthing. facebook page is the pet shop plus. Bless her she certainly gets spoiled when she is at the shop!!!. it is helping her socalise more by meeting lots of customers and their dogs. some she is quite happy with and some she starts barking at.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back