Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Chronic diarrhoea in old border collie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilary

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi
I am creating another thread just to give a more condensed version of my previous thread in hopes of getting some more advice!!
Jimmy is my 12 year old border collie.
He has had chronic diarrhoea for about 2 months now at varying ‘consistencies’ but at the moment it’s very loose/ watery. No blood. He is obviously losing weight now, and his appetite is decreased.
What we have tried:
2 x faecal testings (negative)
Bloods showed low B12 levels, so we are supplementing him with that
Metronidazole was given for about 3 weeks in total (we thought initially it was having an effect in firming up the stools but then returned to diarrhoea)
Initially he was on a RAW diet, we then changed to Growling Tums Senior (hypoallergenic), we tried Chappie for a couple of weeks and now we have just started ROYAL CANIN Anallergenic (I am dubious that it is allergies causing this diarrhoea but thought we must exhaust all options)
Next treatment will be steroids
ANY ADVICE/ EXPERIENCE OF SIMILAR ISSUES VERY GRATEFULLY RECEIVED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back