The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Citycroft What's The Story - **missing**

jok

Jo - Citycroft
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Rowan is currently missing and has been since tea time

Out of my sight for less than two minutes - her mum and Frankie came back to me, she hasn't been seen since.

I have just come in to get more warm clothing and will then be back out searching

I am distraught to think what's happened to her, she is not a dog to ever stray far from either me or her mum

Picture of her on front of my website

Sorry to hear this Jo and Rachel.

Alison called me to post on TWF as she can't get on her computer at the mo.

TCx

Sorry to hear this news. Keeping everything crossed that she is found safe and well. :luck:

:eek: fingers crossed she is found soon safe and well, what a horrible time for you

:luck: :luck:

Everything crossed she is found safe and sound. :luck:

Just noticed this on Facebook. :( I do hope you find her soon safe and sound xxx

omg! hope you find her safe very soon :luck:

Hoping and praying that Rowan will be back with you very soon, safe and sound :luck:

xxx

How frightening for you. I am sure she will turn up safe.

Fingers and toes crossed that she is back with you ASAP

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

this is the most awful news, I hope she is home safe very soon xxx

Thank you everyone for your good thoughts, im afraid we have no good news though.

I have run through it all in my head a thousand times and i can't work out what's happened to her.

I walk the same route at that location nearly everyday, the dogs know it inside out. Rowan will not roam far, she likes to stay within sight of me. If she briefly goes out of my sight, it is only with her mum Ruby and Frankie, never on her own.

Tonight i nearly didn't let her off the lead, thinking about a last minute Crufts inury - how trivial that all seems now. However, i let her off, she played as usual running up and down with the other two. If i can't see them for a minute i call them back to me for a check in - i did this and Ruby and Frankie came back but Rowan didn't.. I searched that area for about half an hour with the other pair still off the lead, i thought they'd show me her if she lay inured. After that time i took them back to the car and continued the search with my parents.

She just isn't a dog to run off, she never has shown any inclination. It is silent now up on the fields and i know i'd be able to hear her if she lay injured and was able to make a noise. I don't feel i can look productively anymore with no light. It's like she's vanished into thin air.

I know my dog and i know the area i walk and i can't think of a happy ending at the moment

oh god, Jo I just hope someone has found her and they are keeping her warm and safe for you, will be thinking about you all and Rowan tonight, hoping for good news soon as tomorrow comes, fingers crossed sending all our love from here xxxxxxx

Oh, no!! How worrying for you- one of my worst nightmares- everything crossed for you :luck: :luck: :luck:

Was just reading this on f/book :( My heart goes out to you :huggles:

Hope she is found safe and sound very soon, you must be out of your mind with worry !

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

What a mystery! I, for one, will be worried all night until I hear you have found her. So you won't be spending your sleepless night alone :( .

I had a similar experience when walking my Dobes along a VERY familiar route. They too never, ever strayed far. I stopped to help someone with directions and when I turned around Tosca, the clingiest one, was JUST MISSING - like she had been abducted by aliens. My other two Dobes were sniffing around about 200 metres away. Long story short - she went missing for THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS despite my frantic searching. And then at 3 am in the morning I heard a scratching at my patio door - SHE WAS BACK!!! Paws raw from running on a hard surface. I can only think that for some or other reason she got a fright and paniced, became disorientated and found herself LOST and then REALLY paniced.

So don't give up hope. My thoughts are with you. PLEASE let us know AS SOON AS YOU FIND HER. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Have pm'd you Jo ... I'm only an hour away and happy to join the search tomorrow if that is any help at all. Meanwhile I am wishing her home to you with every fibre of my being. Annie xxx

I'm so sorry to read this Jo ... my heart goes out to you, Rachel and all your family, 2 and 4 legged. :huggles:

Here's hoping that Rowan will be safe and home where she belongs really soon :luck: :luck: :luck:

Jill

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back