The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Colitis

Discussion in 'Hound' started by Dotty&Duke, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Dotty&Duke

Dotty&Duke New Member Registered

that is really interesting,. I have to say first though, like you, I don't for one minute think that what ever is wrong with Cassie in an inherent disorder, simply because, I know Hanna her breeder was so fastideous about checking out the genetic histories of both Ruby, Cassies mum and Moz (lou's dog) Cassies dad I know both owners and they are both very responcible people who love their dogs.

What interests me most is what you say about the protein levels. Since I have taken Cassie off the high protein puppy food (which I intended to do at the end of the month anyway) and put her on just plain old Chappie, we have had no wind no smelly breath and her poo is more normal than it has ever been so maybe it was the diet that was the problem all along. At the mo I am very slowly weaning her onto CSJ wheat and gluten free. Fingers crossed i hope it is that simple. :)

2. eve

eve New Member Registered

Glad to hear that Cassie is improving :thumbsup: