The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Colours

wild whippies

Super-D-Duper
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thought it best to start a new thread

Both Venture Free and Spellbound must carry the fawn gene, hence it's a 50:50 chance that Jack would have the fawn gene as well. Fawn pups jsut prove he is carring that gene. Black is dominant so any dog carrying both black and fawn genes will throw fawn pups to a bitch also carrying the fawn gene. Ratio of black:fawn pups ( as an average) will be 1:1 to a fawn bitch and 3:1 to a black bitch that also carries the fawn gene. (Both Miss Daiseys parents carried the fawn gene so it was 50:50 she would carry it as well; again her fawn pup proves she does indeed have the fawn gene.)

your right Tony both Spellbound and Venture Free litters were mostly fawn, with only 2 pups out off litters of 6 pups being black :thumbsup:

cant wait to see what colours your litter with moonpie and hellbound are going to be :thumbsup:
Ambers a bit of a colour oddity so the possibilities are, black, blue, chocolate, fawn and particolour of any of those.
Where does the chocolate colour come from in Amber?

Wonder if anyone knows of another colouring as unique as 'Unique' herself, white and brindle particolour with a black patch too !!!!! only particolour i have ever seen who is white and brindle and black :eek:
Sorry colour topic taking over here :)
Colour genetics give's me a migraine but the chocolate colour that Amber could possibly carry occured in her brother Edward owned by Michelle.

I recall asking Tony about Unique but then my head started hurting so I'll let him reply! :lol:

Debbie's master Twist had a rather unique marking over his eye was a black splodge over a parti colour patch if memory serves, and he was out of trouble spot so guessing him being white and parti would have gone back to What spot.

The strangest colour whippet at racing has to be Edward tho Jac's he really is chocolate colour lol no other dog about like him thats for sure!

I believe little Leah out of Connor's Lass is still Chocolate Brindle with a Chocolate nose :wub:

mitch had a one that was all chocolate redwood dawn pet name was choice after the biscuit coz of her colour

mitch had a one that was all chocolate redwood dawn pet name was choice after the biscuit coz of her colour

remember her well carole think it went to a pet home and mitch got her back

Both Maddison and the ghd Homebird must have recesive b gene that produces chocolate because Hobgoblin, Ambers mother, was chocolate, as must Stewart, Ambers father ( chocolate is a dilute black -amber is fawn particolour and the chocolate gene doesn't affect the fawn colour. We know she is "chocolate" because her nose isn't black.)

Unique is more difficult to explain. You can't really tell if a black dog is brindle ( a black dog with black stripes) but fawn and black isn't common in whippets to say the least. ( Black and tan terriers are common) It's possible she is a chimera, which would be interesting .

Tony

Chocolate Brindle Leah

000_0681.jpg

Blue/Grey Brindle Lucy (currently barking at Ceasar Milan on the TV)

000_0627.jpg

Debbie's master Twist had a rather unique marking over his eye was a black splodge over a parti colour patch if memory serves, and he was out of trouble spot so guessing him being white and parti would have gone back to What spot.
The strangest colour whippet at racing has to be Edward tho Jac's he really is chocolate colour lol no other dog about like him thats for sure!
my non ped is a chocolate colour

DSCF1886.jpg

There was another good bitch "Galaxy" that was all Chocolate / Liver.

DSCF1886.jpg
hen i saw fudge I rember asking f you new his breeding cos hes a realy strong choclate colour only seen that shade in greyhounds before

mitch didnt own galaxy yvonne but he did breed it i think

DSCF1886.jpg
hen i saw fudge I rember asking f you new his breeding cos hes a realy strong choclate colour only seen that shade in greyhounds before
sire is Suede Shoes ( he was black),Dam Winder Click (white & brindle )

My Robbie has sired a few litters and not once a fawn pup. He lined 2 fawns,,,they had has blues,,brindles,,partie and black, Robbie cant have fawns,,I love fawns too :angry:

I like the waiting game,,to find out the sex and colour or the pups,,,and to get the pup,,sex and colour you want,,magic :D ,,iF they are the breeding your after,,who cares what colour they are,,Robbie could have had orange pups,,I would still want one :p

love the chocolate colour :wub:

the best colour dog we ever owend was jim (eeore) he was a gorgeous blue/fawn brindle with blue eyes and sadly died on boxin day last year :( aged jus 1yrs gutted a lost all my pics ov him along wiv me fone :angry:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back