The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Congrats

BeeJay

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
To Stripey Tara, Bring It On, Diamond Geezer and Big Ron on their successes today at Newmarket. :huggles: :huggles:

Whilst you were weighing in and racing we were finding out that our van hadn't broken at all but the driver had ignored the fuel warning light for too long. (w00t) :b (If only the co-driver had seen it she would have been moaning at him about it since South Mimms services ((Yes it had been on since then)). But then he'd have just ignored her like normal but then she'd have brained him when the putt puttering started so it was probably just as well that she couldn't see it :- " . )

Jest would just like to say to Ron and Reggie that today he was going to trap like a demon and he would have whooped your arses out of sight if only his stupid pit crew had a brain cell between them. :b Oh and Woody would like to add that he'd have won his main final too. That was his only chance just thrown away, by the humans. He's going to go back to running very slowly from now on as it's hopeless to even think about doing anything else. :p

Well that's what they were thinking whilst parked in the car park of the shopping centre with the Burger King in it. You know the one just up the road from the open meeting. What a shame that we got there on the back of a breakdown vehicle an hour after the racing started. :oops:

Still looking on the bright side of things. It was a lovely day to breakdown if you are going to. Not too hot and not raining. We started to putter in the slow lane of the A11 NOT the fast lane of the M25 or M11. And we made it off the verge of the A11 into a parking bay on the A14. We have all come home again safely and sound. The van isn't ill thank goodness.

We travelled back through some lovely countryside and I'd forgotten how nice some of the villages and towns are. Like Chipping Norton which is lovely, lucky June and Len. We stopped off for lunch at a pub. We even went to Bletchley Park. :- "

Alan is looking for somewhere to walk the dogs. He spots a brown sign for Bletchley Park. Hang on I say. That's the place where they cracked the enigma code in the 2nd WW. Remember the film? It's a building NOT a park. Alan ignores me. So several roundabouts later we arrive at the Uni of Milton Keynes and Bletchley Park is looking pink and has scaffolding around it. But even that didn't put off Alan. NO it was the car park fee of £5's. (w00t) So we turn around and go back over all those roundabouts again. :b

Back off towards Buckingham when we spot blue flashing lights and there's an accident. So a rather nice detour along some single tracks roads is taken and we find some pretty villages that we wouldn't have otherwise seen.

Later on we are just going through another very pretty village and the top of the porta mag falls off the hooks and lands on the deerhound. Tally promptly starts crashing around in panic. So we have to stop the van in this very narrow street whilst I sort him out. Thank goodness Fern wasn't in there as well it would have landed right on her and she'd have had to tell Tally to not panic (w00t) . Later on we have another deerhound incident because after a pee and drink stop for the dogs Alan has forgotten to latch the door and a deerhound is loose and trying to clamber on top of him as he drives along. (w00t)

By this time Alan is desperate for a cup of tea and so we divert to see my mum.

PMSL too! That's nearly as bad as the time Steve and I turned up for the Whippet Rescue open late one Saturday afternoon to camp over until racing on the Sunday. Trouble was, as we arrived they were running the finals - it had been aranged for the Saturday and not the Sunday as we thought :- " We'd travelled a long way too, and were P***ed off to say the least.

Never made that mistake again though!

BeeJay said:
To Stripey Tara, Bring It On, Diamond Geezer and Big Ron on their successes today at Newmarket. :huggles:   :huggles:
Whilst you were weighing in and racing we were finding out that our van hadn't broken at all but the driver had ignored the fuel warning light for too long.  (w00t) :b   (If only the co-driver had seen it she would have been moaning at him about it since South Mimms services ((Yes it had been on since then)).  But then he'd have just ignored her like normal but then she'd have brained him when the putt puttering started so it was probably just as well that she couldn't see it  :- " . ) 

Jest would just like to say to Ron and Reggie that today he was going to trap like a demon and he would have whooped your arses out of sight if only his stupid pit crew had a brain cell between them.  :b   Oh and Woody would like to add that he'd have won his main final too.  That was his only chance just thrown away, by the humans.  He's going to go back to running very slowly from now on as it's hopeless to even think about doing anything else. :p

Well that's what they were thinking whilst parked in the car park of the shopping centre with the Burger King in it.  You know the one just up the road from the open meeting.    What a shame that we got there on the back of a breakdown vehicle an hour after the racing started. :oops:  

Still looking on the bright side of things.  It was a lovely day to breakdown if you are going to.  Not too hot and not raining.  We started to putter in the slow lane of the A11 NOT the fast lane of the M25 or M11.  And we made it off the verge of the A11 into a parking bay on the A14.  We have all come home again safely and sound.  The van isn't ill thank goodness. 

We travelled back through some lovely countryside and I'd forgotten how nice some of the villages and towns are.  Like Chipping Norton which is lovely, lucky June and Len.  We stopped off for lunch at a pub.  We even went to Bletchley Park. :- "

Alan is looking for somewhere to walk the dogs.  He spots a brown sign for Bletchley Park.  Hang on I say.  That's the place where they cracked the enigma code in the 2nd WW.  Remember the film?  It's a building NOT a park.  Alan ignores me.  So several roundabouts later we arrive at the Uni of Milton Keynes and Bletchley Park is looking pink and has scaffolding around it.  But even that didn't put off Alan.  NO it was the car park fee of £5's. (w00t)   So we turn around and go back over all those roundabouts again. :b

Back off towards Buckingham when we spot blue flashing lights and there's an accident.  So a rather nice detour along some single tracks roads is taken and we find some pretty villages that we wouldn't have otherwise seen.

Later on we are just going through another very pretty village and the top of the porta mag falls off the hooks and lands on the deerhound.  Tally promptly starts crashing around in panic.  So we have to stop the van in this very narrow street whilst I sort him out.  Thank goodness Fern wasn't in there as well it would have landed right on her and she'd have had to tell Tally to not panic (w00t) .  Later on we have another deerhound incident because after a pee and drink stop for the dogs Alan has forgotten to latch the door and a deerhound is loose and trying to clamber on top of him as he drives along.  (w00t)

By this time Alan is desperate for a cup of tea and so we divert to see my mum.

if it was'nt for the bad luck :wacko: you would'nt have no luck at all :wacko:

at least you got home safely and the big woolie one is ok. :thumbsup:

:lol: :teehee:

What a day Beejay (w00t)

Poor Woody and Jest - I'm sure they will forgive you as long as they get some nice tripe sticks and you arrive EARLY the next time. :p

:oops:

So sorry Barbara, Did you have a nice burger and share it with the boys to make up? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello and thank you from Ozzy and the crew .We had a fantastic day with Ozzy can't believe how he ran yesterday (w00t) .Let's hope it continues :D :D Can't believe you were so close yet so far from us :( It sounded like a very eventfull day to say the least :wacko:

Black velvet Open Results

N/E 19

Light Fantastic

Elvire

Jules Bronze

Golden Snitch

N/E 22

Manassa

Little Devil

Just Wonderful

Laika Angel

N/E 24

Stripey Tara

WRCH Mr Milliychip

Sonny Jim

Bin Throu't Mill

N/E 26

Bring it on :cheers:

Bionic Bunny

Cairdean Patriot

Maximum Spirit

N/E 28

Pretty In Pink

Run At Mill

Crack-on-Tritan

N/E 32

Big Ron

Diamond Geezer

Misty Boy

Supreme Semi's

Stripey Tara

Light Fantastic

Manassa

Bring It On :cheers:

Big Ron

Pretty In Pink

Supreme Run Off

Stripey Tara

Bring It On

sorry i have no vets :b

Reloaded said:
Hello and thank you from Ozzy and the crew .We had a fantastic day with Ozzy can't believe how he ran yesterday (w00t) .Let's hope it continues  :D   :D Can't believe you were so close yet so far  from us  :( It sounded like a very eventfull day to say the least  :wacko:
Sounds to me that he ran like we know that he can Steve. Very, very fast. :thumbsup: We are well chuffed for you.

See you at Oxford?

Reloaded said:
Sorry i've spoted a mistake should have been Crack-on-Tristan  :oops:

Hello Barbra its Sarah Thank you very much Lets pray he continues to run as well o:) That is our first open group win we've had so a bit special :D

Well done Steve & Sarah (and all the other finalists too.) & thanks for the results.

How about the cons and the vets though ? Does anyone have those?

Last edited by a moderator:
Judy said:
Well done Steve & Sarah  (and all the other finalists too.) & thanks for the results.

hello judy sorry there was'nt many for cons just

n/e 24

Muppy Puck

n/e 32

Stradust

I think that's it but i sure someone will say if i'm wrong :)

Reloaded said:
Judy said:
Well done Steve & Sarah  (and all the other finalists too.) & thanks for the results.

hello judy sorry there was'nt many for cons just

n/e 24

Muppy Puck

n/e 32

Stradust

I think that's it but i sure someone will say if i'm wrong :)

Hi sarah, thank's for putting the result's on for everyone, But would just like to say a BIG THANK YOU TO EAST ANGLIA W.R.C. for putting a good OPEN on. the ground was perfect no INJURIE'S and an enjoyable day by all that was there, and a BIG THANK YOU TO Carol, Dave, Nicky and of course Baby, and Committie for a good day. Tina,Colin,Craig, BIG RON, AND DIAMOND GEEZER. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back