The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Consistent Lines

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
The "ideal matings" thread has brought up quite a bit of interest and got me wondering what are people's favourite lines & the most consistent, do people go for a particular line or buy pups, whatever takes their fancy at the time.

A few i think deserve a mention for CONSISTENTLY contributing to top class animals, not just one off good litters.

Molly & Andy Pattersons line resulting in Sunlight / Wor John has been very successful and goes back a long way with both the mentioned dogs having produced top class offspring.

Dave & Mary Chapman have had heaps of success with their line also producing endless champions & in turn top brood / studs, the likes of Our Jack, Swift Holly, Swift Ellie, Montana, Hillside Lad, Hillside Honey, Seagars.

John Noble has a super line, Branca has thrown well to all 3 studs she has visited and the line has been bred by John for a good number of generations.

Don Syson's "Vivs" line also goes back umpteen generations and is at the back of Sup Rch Little Bill.

Last edited by a moderator:
how we chose our dogs:

1st dog marleys magic bred pigeon x teal ( field dog) bought him out the ad mag got to know molly & andy as they had pigeon so:

2nd dog hot spice bred pigeon x baileys comet as we liked pigeon.

3rd dog whizziwig bred crazy cracker x ghd asked andy with tylers tornado 4 a pup out of kierans lass but she never had enuf so he put us onto malcom clark who had the pups this is how i got into scratch racing as whizziwig was a 40lber

4th dog mickey whizz bred whizziwg x mickey mouse had tried spellbound as we liked him but that wasnt to be when peter went to pick whizziwig up mickey mouse was there and i had always liked him so she was mated with him.

5th dog whisper whizz bred tiger lil x sole promise went 4 this breeding as tiger lil was whizziwigs sister hoping whisper whizz wud turn out as good as mickey whizz but is wasnt too be.

6th dog crackin whizz bred cracked it x cinnamon liked the breeding as like cracked it and cinnamon goes back to sonny boy who goes back to pigeon ( again)

7th dog nikki whizz bred nikkitason ghd. always liked nikkitason and he goes back to mickey mouse and the ghd side well fancied another scratch dog lol

id personally like 2 c nikkitason used a bit as a stud as i wud like to c midnight run also used a bit more.

I know he has been mentioned lots of times in breeding but I think that Cracked It has thrown many good pups to many differently bred bitches. Yes maybe he has had plenty of bitches compared to some but other stud dogs in the future will catch him up as always happens when the "next best thing" comes around. Surely the consistency and quality of offspring from a stud dog proves it's worth far above the number of bitches it mates.

As for consistent breeders, I've not been here long enough to comment but I do notice how certain racers that breed their own seem consistently to have top class or at least open class animals. They must know what they're doing :thumbsup:

I like to see where someone has bred their own for years on end (like Vicky mentions with "Viv's" line. This was the reason that I chose Sam for a stud for Kerri, many would think it was for the Crazy Cracker line but there's plenty of that blood about through Cracked It etc. and the idea of a line consistently bred over generations appealed to me, particularly one that "matched" (IMO) the bitch I was breeding from.

My little ramble :thumbsup:

xspell and crazy cracker proven from children to grand children :thumbsup:time and again :D

2 BECOME ONE unfortunately no longer with us but leaves a long line of up and coming offspring to numerous bitches

some good dogs never get the chance tho cos a lot will not try them :(

I think Shooting Star has done well with the few bitches that he has had:

Thrown Ones Cushtis Star

Elbon Sioux, Power Girl

Guess what

Scooby Dont, Sunbird

Think theres just about a champ in every litter?

jade scott said:
Thrown Ones Cushtis Star

Elbon Sioux, Power Girl

Guess what

Scooby Dont, Sunbird

His brother One More just took another title with his offpsring at the bend champs Rch/Nch Crystal Blue and Nch More or Less. Looks like their line is proving consistent too.

gary farmer hasnt been in the game a long time but hes home bred some champions since he started :thumbsup:

jade scott said:
Thrown Ones Cushtis Star

Elbon Sioux, Power Girl

Guess what

Scooby Dont, Sunbird

doesnt shooting star go back to mickey mouse? infact is he bred from mickey mouse?

micky mouse and dessie i think thats what shooting star is out of

Lucy & Arnie with Dessie x Micky mouse 3 litter and a sup champ in each litter i think also Scottish derby winner

Cheeky Ann produced champions in every litter to various stud dogs breeders peter and ann lagan , her off springs producing too

Mitch's line china

One.s Cushtie Star is out of Shooting Star and Biddy Cushti, shame he has no Balls.

N.Ch Southern Scott has great breeding with Cracked it and the great Alabama. would love to see a pup out of him. free to any bitch that wants to use him.

jade scott said:
One.s Cushtie Star is out of Shooting Star and Biddy Cushti, shame he has no Balls.
N.Ch Southern Scott has great breeding with Cracked it and the great Alabama. would love to see a pup out of him. free to any bitch that wants to use him.

See we knew this topic would be useful - another stud dog for people to consider 8)

I think my own line of breeding over the years has produced some very good dogs not just for me but other people who have had them, starting with Springsteen - Marillion who produced Mirage Both Bitchs great bend and straight races.Mirage - Srimmer poduced Stewert great bend and staights, he was 29lb and could catch the little bitches over 150yds. Stewart -Inuendo Produced Rapid Fire and Joe Cocker ,He is also the grandad to Maid your point and maid your look and Avit , Black Go;d anther good bitch out of him. Sringteen -Steinman produces Springfield the only one to race out the litter of 3, She was mated to Expel , Which turnd oout to be a good litter, Spellbound, Exocet and Extreme ,Steiman was also mated to Cheeky Ann producing a good litter B F G and Triple xxx, He then lined Mo Splendor who producd Martica and Stienski. Spellbound then mated sagars and this littter produed ,Streisand,Shania, Hellbound ,Stan and Tkdo,Spellbound has also produced many other champions.Sreisand and Hellbound both throwing good of springs. Sreisand first 3 matings produced 3 supreme champions ie Little Rascal, Just Friends and Chunky He has since thrown other champions and has at the moment got a lot of young and up coming youngsters.To many to mention but most look like they will run both bend and staights . This just my own opinion.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back