The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Constant Molting

stuhough

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi not posted for ages sorry :)) We have had Phoebe since she was 8wks old ,she is absoluetly lovely,well behaved and a joy to have could not imagine life without her.We feed her a variety of foods which include the following:Sardines,pilchards,veggies ,pasta,rice anda selection of Prize choice frozen meats.We think that she might be slightly over weight by a couple of pounds {treats given by OH}Phoebe has a nice coat but seems to be constantly molting despite being brushed on a regular basis,any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated Thanks. :(

I think most dogs that shed do it most of the time, whippets included, we should just be thankful the hairs are nice and short. :lol:

i always find a good bath gets rid of alot of the hairs well for a few days anyways esp a good brush as she is drying, also the pet shop sells a liquid called no moult which is supposed to lessen the amount on the carpets.

Often,this problem is caused by a poor diet, but not in this case!

Is Phoebe speyed? Because this can cause bitches(& castrated males)to constantly shed their coat. Other than that,she could maybe have a hormone imbalance.

alfyn said:
Often,this problem is caused by a poor diet, but not in this case!Is Phoebe speyed? Because this can cause bitches(& castrated males)to constantly shed their coat. Other than that,she could maybe have a hormone imbalance.

That's what i was thinking, Chloe moulted badly until i changed her to BARF, now it's very minimal. I also noticed an increase after she was speyed. I 'mitt' mine everyday and i think that seems to help.

I find Alfie moults a lot when the weather starts to warm up, a mitt as jok mentioned is brilliant, I always 'mitt' Alfie outside on the bench as for a short-haired coat he sheds tons! :x :lol:

Maybe adding a supplement to her diet would help to alleviate the problem. Evening Primrose Oil can be good for coat condition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back