The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Home Needed Copper, doberman cross, dob 1999 - gatwick, surrey

Sharon - Rescue Remedies

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Copper, Doberman Cross, DOB 1999 - Gatwick, Surrey

Homing requirements: Copper needs a retirement home as an only pet. Could someone tell him he needs to slow down! He needs access to a secure garden and to be walked on an extender by someone who can manage him. Not too many stairs. Copper is used to visiting children and has a very kind nature.

His Story:Owned since a pup, his owner's memory got worse and she moved in with her daughter who has cats. So Copper was reluctantly booked to be PTS and we were alerted by the vets and saved him. Copper was neutered, did have an enlarge testicle, 4 teeth removed and was fully vaccinated. Copper is now kennelled near Gatwick, Surrey but not coping – he is missing home life.

Advert: Copper is a fabulous companion and a real gentle-man. The Doberman character; a loyal people dog, offering his head for strokes. He has led quite an insular life and is now anxious in kennels. He settles well on his walks, though marches forwards. He can pop at dogs which has quite a friendly feel but we keep him moving, knowing he hasn't had walks for a long time and he is still learning to settle. Needs an owner that is lead-alert, low dog density and an extender to take up his excess energy and enthusiasm. Copper is such a people person DEVOTIONAL!

Copper was named from the richness of colours in his beautiful coat, or was it how he walks around his beat?! He is smaller than a Doberman but has the same lively energy. Although Copper is 13 years old you would never guess it and we think the old guy has plenty of life to live! His health has been good all his life and he is now post tumour removal and has had a full dental so he will enjoy life much more now. Can you offer Copper a kind home to rest his head and a garden to enjoy?

Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

Please visit Copper’s thread on our forum: http://rescueremedies.myfastforum.org/sutra94805.php#94805 to find out if he is still available and for fuller details.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/r7x3s5/ so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

For daily updates click our forum logo on our homepage and you will find the full range of dogs that are available for homing - http://rescueremedies.myfastforum.org/index.php

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.

Well this boy has managed to avoid showing his true loveliness ever since he arrived, we were determined not to be beaten and he still gave us a run for our money! As bright as a button for his age and nothing gets by Copper!

"I'm not going to show you my best side"!

"You are boring me now"!

"I'll just lay down while you run around like two dizzy bugs trying to get my pic. Let me know when you are serious"! :laugh2:

GOTCHA Copper and WOWSA!

Copper is now in a foster home while he waits for his forever home to come along!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back