The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Coracho Massage Oil Who Uses It ?

stark

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi , iv read that greyhound trainers massage ther dogs befor a race with something called coracho .

who uses it ? ...does it help your dogs ? ..and where can i get some ?

or as its quite and old treatment are there newer ones on the market ? :unsure:

Hi John, Curaco is no longer available but Verginian Rubbing oil is, it's the same colour,smell ect as curaco and I along with many think it is curaco under a differant name.

it's thought a rub down with a linament increases blood flow around the muscules but a rub down with bear hands would have the same effect.

you can get the Verginian rubbing oil from the Greyhound Megastore.

Mark Roberts said:
Hi John, Curaco is no longer available but Verginian Rubbing oil is, it's the same colour,smell ect as curaco and I along with many think it is curaco under a differant name.
..........and the strong smell keeps any wandering fleas away! ! !

hi john

some people say it brings fresh blood the the surface (skin) and not to the muscles that need it. :unsure:

but it does keep fleas away but so does a good shampoo. :- "

A rub down with bear hands Mark? Hope you clipped the claws first! :D

I got one called Pretona (Premier Gold) from Dave at the Greyhound and Whippet Shop in Walthamstow. This one also looks, smells and tastes like curaco (don't ask) so it probably IS curaco in disguise. As for if it does any good or not - who knows - but fleas sure don't like it! (and if you DON'T rub it on and your dog loses you know why eh?) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back