The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cotswolds

Strike Whippets

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Contry to the rumour now going around :rolleyes: ......South Cotswolds HASN'T closed down :thumbsup: ........We are still at Nymphsfield AND have just found a 122 acre (flat) field where we are able to set up a perminant 1,000 yrd straight track if needed (w00t) ......where we also have permission to do what we like to the ground ie rolling, seeding, mowing etc :D .........We will also have the ground to do lure coursing, uphill running and bend racing :thumbsup: ......We are just going through the paper work, so fingers crossed, as we have the potential for having the best track around (still ;) ) ......... :D Hannah :D

Strike Whippets said:
Contry to the rumour now going around :rolleyes: ......South Cotswolds HASN'T closed down  :thumbsup:   ........We are still at Nymphsfield AND have just found a 122 acre (flat) field where we are able to set up a perminant 1,000 yrd straight track if needed  (w00t) ......where we also have permission to do what we like to the ground ie rolling, seeding, mowing etc  :D .........We will also have the ground to do lure coursing, uphill running and bend racing  :thumbsup:   ......We are just going through the paper work, so fingers crossed, as we have the potential for having the best track around (still  ;) ) ......... :D   Hannah  :D
dear Hannah nice to here hopefully you have found a new ground for the future, we love coming to cotswold's even through it's a long journey for us, shame you have cancelled your open will miss it this time round, we are the owner's of Diamond Geezer and Big Ron. would love to here when you are up and running good luck look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Wishes Colin, Tina, Craig and the Boy's

Good Luck with the new ground to all at South cots :cheers:

Blimey woman are you planning or hosting the biggest ever whippet racing bonanza on the planet??!!

If so I'll come! :p Good luck with it!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

:luck: All the best Hannah & Chris :luck: with your new field :)) hope you are gonna supply everyone with [SIZE=21pt]BINOCULARS[/SIZE]as they enter their dogs (w00t) :lol: :huggles:

It'll be the only live event visible from space :lol:

WOW! That sounds great. It would be good to have longer distances on straights, i.e. 300-400yds - Mondays would be really quiet, especially if they had quarter finals!!! (w00t)

The extra distance sounds great :D I might even be able to catch Daisy at the end :- " as she does like to do a little extra running :thumbsup:

Lot,s of :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: with it Hannah sound,s great to me it,s very hard to find good racing ground these day,s The long races as June said sound,s great to me :D

:cheers: Everyone :D .........We are planning to hold a decent distance for our "next open" (just so Eric can win something lol)......OMG did I say we'll be doing another open one day lol ..........If all goes to plan we are also considering a fun day with Whippet, Terrier, Lurcher and general dogs racing (seperatly) and showing with some lure coursing thrown in for good measure (w00t) ......also with some obedience classes, fun agility etc ...... :D ......We have big plans lol ...... :thumbsup: .........My lot are on the mend :cheers: Kim .........Congrats on Tillys heat win btw :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Only a few events then :lol: lol Can't wait Hannah - this year maybe? :D :luck:

Strike Whippets said:
:cheers:   Everyone  :D   .........We are planning to hold a decent distance for our "next open" (just so Eric can win something lol)......OMG did I say we'll be doing another open one day lol ..........If all goes to plan we are also considering a fun day with Whippet, Terrier, Lurcher and general dogs racing (seperatly) and showing with some lure coursing thrown in for good measure  (w00t)   ......also with some obedience classes, fun agility etc ......  :D   ......We have big plans lol ...... :thumbsup: .........My lot are on the mend  :cheers:   Kim .........Congrats on Tillys heat win btw  :D
So that'll be in ........... October 2006 then???? Now I do have to ask Hannah.

Will there be toilets at your new venue? Or will folks have to go to the pub in the break for a small libation and toilet stop?

What is a decent distance?

When will your next open be? (and what do you mean one day!)

Just had a thought I suppose though that Julia does have a porta potty (w00t)

Glad that you've got big plans onwards and upwards and outwards. :thumbsup: BTW You've forgotten the long jumping and speed hurdling.

If everything goes to plan we'll have a posh .........umm shed with a porta loo (better than a toilet tent hey lol) and a posh summery house type thingy, with a generator......but luckily theres a pub/pubs not too far away :sweating: (w00t) ........A decent distance I thought would be 1,000 yards :lol: but Chris said we wouldn't attract many entries :b .......so I'm working on the H/C as we speak :- " ......No I thought a 300/350 yard straight would be a good one, in 2lb weight groups ohh and a group for black dogs called Eric :p ......Our next open (or 2 :unsure: ) will be next year ........honest :blink: :nuke: :D

Strike Whippets said:
If everything goes to plan we'll have a posh .........umm shed with a porta loo (better than a toilet tent hey lol) and a posh summery house type thingy, with a generator......but luckily theres a pub/pubs not too far away  :sweating:   (w00t) ........A decent distance I thought would be 1,000 yards  :lol:   but Chris said we wouldn't attract many entries  :b   .......so I'm working on the H/C as we speak  :- "  ......No I thought a 300/350 yard straight would be a good one, in 2lb weight groups ohh and a group for black dogs called Eric  :p   ......Our next open (or 2  :unsure: ) will be next year ........honest  :blink:   :nuke:   :D

sounds great can peeny enter the blacks please :thumbsup:

Nooo shes not called Eric :p ........This will be clearly printed on the entry forms ie ......class open to black Whippets named Eric ONLY :lol: ......plus shes too bloody fast ;)

Cant wait for the new ground :D :luck:

Just think you have Sunday's racing, Monday's rolling, Tuesday's re-seeding, Wednesday's mowing, Thursday's cleaning the loo, Friday off :cheers: and Saturday setting up. :- "

Rae said:
Cant wait for the new ground  :D   :luck:
Just think you have Sunday's racing, Monday's rolling, Tuesday's re-seeding, Wednesday's mowing, Thursday's cleaning the loo, Friday off  :cheers:   and Saturday setting up.  :- "

It'll be worth it in the end :D ......Look at what we'll be able to do .....self contained and smug come to mind at the moment :lol: :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back