The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Countryside Agency Press Release

K

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
For those (& the WCRA committee) who have a problem about travelling I urge you to read the comments of the Countryside Agency in a press release of a couple of days ago.

I quote -

"This week we have called for visitors to the countryside to think twice about not coming..... It is vital that people support the campaign to get rid of this dreadful disease and do not use footpaths that are closed, or go anywhere near livestock or farmland that has been used by farm animals in the infected areas. But it is equally crucial to many rural economies that people do not avoid other heritage attractions, parks, country towns, villages and seaside resorts - nor local restaurants, pubs and cafes or shops and markets, well away from foot and mouth."

The attitude forced on everyone by the WCRA has already ensured the cancellation of the first few opens, the cancelation of the Whippet Rescue Open (a loss to Whippet Rescue of nearly £1000) loss of revenue for racing clubs, loss of revenue for pubs and resturants. Isn't it about time the WCRA started displaying a more responsible attitude to the problem and started to take note of official Government advice instead of practicing the bully boy tactics seen so far?

Full article is here http://www.countryside.gov.uk/news/article...?NewsItemID=137

(Edited by K at 6:19 pm on Mar. 20, 2001)

Hi K

If you think so strongly about this F&M problem and the non-racing, why don't you add your full name to your comments so we can get in touch.

I am also fed up with road walking and closed footpaths but understand the EA farmers if I travelled and brought F&M back to EA with me.  A lot of the whippet coursing owners I meet also have stock!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back