The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crafty

YTarmy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
After losing my boy a few weeks back I didnt really think I wanted to go through the whole Greyhound thing again (How attached can you get??) but i was offered a really nice bitch that had been running at Hall Green but had gone stale.

Anyway I changed her food and found a nice field for her to gallop in as I dont like letting her off unless it's enclosed and there are no dogs about.

Last night she found the smallest hole in the fence and had me chase her for nearly a mile (she kept stopping and then going again) I was knackered!!!!

So now i have nowhere to gallop her now, any ideas where is suitable in the Bolton area as she loved to stretch her legs

did you try walking away from her to get her come back this usually works because they are curious about where you are going

in my opinion the more you chase a dog the more they run because its like a game, if someone was chasing after you you wouldnt go back to them would you?

just my opinion for if it happens again it may be easier than chasing her for a mile or so.lol

good luck finding somewhere else to walk her

whippets

whippets said:
did you try walking away from her to get her come back this usually works because they are curious about where you are going
in my opinion the more you chase a dog the more they run because its like a game, if someone was chasing after you you wouldnt go back to them would you?

just my opinion for if it happens again it may be easier than chasing her for a mile or so.lol

good luck finding somewhere else to walk her

whippets

I've tried walking away when I first let her off, She just went the other direction. I'm really nervous about her being off her lead and have always kept my dogs with me but as she's more of a pet than a racer I had visions of her on the beach with us etc. Cant see it happening at the mo though

were in Bury nad had the same problem with having 5 greyhounds a lurcher and 2 whippets we go to burrs country park in Bury as they have lots of fenced felds. but if shes looking back and watching you it looks like shes playing with you I would get her to a class aswell and see if you can get some recal traning done with her. We allso live nere the cannal and use the toe paths aswell as its a nice strat run with water one side and fencing the other

I think she was teasing me and I was getting more and more angry and my face was bright red!!! If she wasnt so bloody cute she would of been in trouble. I'm sure she was smiling when I put her lead on her.

Might try to repair the hole, although need to do it when nobody is around

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back