The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cruelty Free & Biodegradable Animal Hygiene Products

GHS Direct

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi from GHS Direct. We are new to your community and it's a pleasure for us to join you, thank you.

Here at GHS Direct, we make and supply Cruelty Free Leaping Bunny Certified Products to the Animal Care Sectors and the Leisure Industry Sectors. Our Products are concentrate - to provide you with working dilutions for the desired areas of use, our products are also biodegradable. Vira-Care Disinfectant is virucidal and bactericidal - it successfully passed the DEFRA General Orders Test, it's Parvo Tested and EN1276 Tested with high dilutions. We also make and supply; Anti-bacterial Surface Sanitisers, Detergents, Odour Eliminators, Dog Shampoos, Wipes, Laundry products and Paperware.

GHS products are available online via our website, Amazon and eBay. We also take orders via the phone as we do like to provide deals and savings - we have many to offer.

GHS became officially ‘Leaping Bunny Certified’ in August 2015. We are proud to be a cruelty free company. All of our own household, cosmetic and animal grooming products are certified as not tested on animals under the Cruelty Free International Leaping Bunny programme, the international gold standard for products that are free from animal testing. We adhere to a fixed cut-off date policy and proactively monitor our suppliers to ensure that our products continue to adhere to the Leaping Bunny criteria. For more information about the Leaping Bunny and Cruelty Free International, please visit www.crueltyfreeinternational.org
logos-jpg.111977985

Are the containers recyclable?

Why do we need so many "hygiene" products for household use? Some may have a place where large numbers of dogs are kept together like rescue shelters but other than the puppy enzyme carpet spray and a bottle of doggy shampoo I haven't felt the need for anything else special. 18 months later and I'm still on my first bottles.

Whist I applaud your cruelty free stance I really question why we need so many products. There are now real concerns that the overuse of such chemicals are causing significant environmental damage. Bio-degradable isn't the panacea - many biodegradable poo bags just break down into microplastics which contaminate our environment and fail to break down at all in anaerobic conditions - ie landfill which is where most will end up.

Why do we need so many "hygiene" products for household use? Some may have a place where large numbers of dogs are kept together like rescue shelters but other than the puppy enzyme carpet spray and a bottle of doggy shampoo I haven't felt the need for anything else special. 18 months later and I'm still on my first bottles.

Whist I applaud your cruelty free stance I really question why we need so many products. There are now real concerns that the overuse of such chemicals are causing significant environmental damage. Bio-degradable isn't the panacea - many biodegradable poo bags just break down into microplastics which contaminate our environment and fail to break down at all in anaerobic conditions - ie landfill which is where most will end up.

Hi, all our packaging is recyclable.

This is a concern of mine too. However, looking at your website, you sell a lot of products in large recyclable containers, and smaller bottles they can be decanted into, which is great :) In commercial sectors, a variety of shampoos, etc., will be needed and it's far better if they're cruelty free.

Disposable wipes - they certainly have their uses on dog walks, for when you discover the poo bag had a hole in it, though certainly in the home/grooming parlour/vet they should be avoided if possible.

And again, antibacterial products will be necessary in commercial locations, but I do wish people would stop using unnecessary antibacterial everything in the home.

So from my point of view - well done for selling cruelty-free products that are essential for some establishments

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back