The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crufts 2007

Karen

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have been on to the Crufts setting up committee a couple of times (Im sure Im not alone) about the freezing cold benching and rings that we have had to put up with for the last 3 or four + years. I was intending to get up a petition but thought that would take to long as these things are sorted well in advance.

Anyway the committee have sat and I had an email today to say that whippets will be moved next year to a warmer position.

Anyone who was benched A to J will be very pleased about this as will probably most of the dog exhibitors.

Good old Crufts committee, there is someone out there :D :thumbsup:

Thanks for the good news Karen, it was freezing where I was benched - and the table for the dog ring also got the worst of it!!

Wonder just where we will be moved to?

Absolutely brilliant news, Karen :cheers: , it certainly affected many of the dogs - when Zephyr was pulled out in the cut and moved to first in the line, he was right by the table and we were in an appalling draft - he started to shiver and look really uncomfortable, poor lad. :( :(

Well done to you for complaining about it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They should swap us with the Afghans, they won't feel the cold with their lovely warm coats :lol: :sweating:

jools said:
Doesn't really matter too much to us as currently we have no intention of exhibiting there in 2007.

Hope it is somewhere near where we have been for the last umpteen years or I will lose track :oops: and get lost

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a wonderful result, Karen! Well done you :cheers:

Gill

Well done Karen :huggles:

Since ive been a `W `Ive had a good spot apart from being opposite the Irish wolfhound ring , Ive nothing against them , but the owners let them lay all over the floor near the benches with no thought to peps with dogs that arnt keen on `BIG ` hairy ( sometimes smelly :x dogs

maybe they will swap us and the Wolfhounds , that would be great cos they dont care about being cold do they.

I < will be entering next year , cos I can ;) So what if the judges arnt suitable , CRUFTS is Crufts , Can`t wait to see Harvee and India on that big green carpet o:)

JAX said:
I < will be entering next year  , cos I can  ;)  
[SIZE=14pt]We < < < < < <[/SIZE] will not (that is our decision at the moment) even though [SIZE=21pt]we could[/SIZE]

dawn said:
jools said:
Doesn't really matter too much to us as currently we have no intention of exhibiting there in 2007.

Hope it is somewhere near where we have been for the last umpteen years or I will lose track :oops: and get lost

Just follow me, I NEVER get lost at dog shows.................. :- "

I did mention swapping with Wolfies but really that would probably leave the A to H people in the what was the dog ring so hope they think it through better than me :blink:

dawn said:
JAX said:
[SIZE=14pt]We < < < < < <[/SIZE] will not (that is our decision at the moment) even though [SIZE=21pt]we could[/SIZE]

Same here I think, like this year!!! Crufts might be Crufts but I've got too old and cynical to waste my time and money!!!

But well done Karen anyway!!!

dessie said:
dawn said:
JAX said:

Same here I think, like this year!!! Crufts might be Crufts but I've got too old and cynical to waste my time and money!!!

But well done Karen anyway!!!

I think I may have something else on as well that day :- " Sometimes I cant quite believe in its importance. I know its great for people to qualify and go but last year someone said to me at a show ' ooo my dog has just qualified for Crufts. I wont have to show him at Champ shows for the rest of the year now'. :blink:

Getting to Crufts is NOT, IMO, really what showing is about. Id rather get a place at the Hound Association or a club show.

whippynit said:
WHO IS JUDGING AT CRUFTS NEXT YEAR??? :cheers:
I think that Pat Gaitskell(Sp) is doing dogs and Jackie Norman the bitches. Anyone know if this is right?

And yes is wascold being benched by the doors for the outside exercise area, think that there are alot more breeds next year,the ones that have only been reconised from Jan 01st. Maybe they will have another hall.

(w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) Nooooooooooooooo, not another hall, its taken me all this time to find my way round the ones weve got :blink:

I hope it is another hall!

It will make a nice change to walk around and around a different hall :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back