The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crufts 2009 Slated.

Django'sPeeps

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Jemima Harrison, who made the film last summer about inbreeding, has writted an article slating Crufts 2009.

Here: The Times Online

Well, we were there on Thursday too right up until the venue was almost clear of people. We had a thoroughly enjoyable day, saw lots of happy, healthy dogs and met some lovely people. We certainly never came across any 'gamey whiff' around the Irish Terriers or an 'acrid aroma' of urine where the dogs were benched. Fine, there was a splash or two here and there, but with thousands of dogs attending the show it's hardly going to be "eat off the floor" clean! That's just unrealistic.

As for the 'bored' dozing dogs... I would think that was a sign of contentment, not boredom! In my personal experience a bored dog is agitated, not dozey.

Thought others might be interested.

as far as im concerned the woman is a hypocrite and seriously deluded :angry: why if you are so dead set against showing and breeding pedigree dogs do you pay to go to crufts???

while i agree things do need to be done for certain breeds its not going to happen over night and as far as im concerned a dog dozing on its bench is contented not stressed she had to say that because quiet clearly she couldnt say much else its a shame the kennel club couldnt have banned her altogether stupid woman :angry:

god, that woman, I keep promising myself I won't read any of this stuff anymore, makes my blood boil.

Wonder if she was one of the masses amount of protestors, by masses.

There were about 20 on guard today, !!!!!! big deal -_-

There were about 20 on guard today, !!!!!! big deal -_-
That ought to say that that the general public aren't really that much against pedigree dogs. All that publicity and it was probably just the organisers and their families.

just had a look at the ''anti crufts'' slideshow, erm, they were pure bred dogs :unsure:

just had a look at the ''anti crufts'' slideshow, erm, they were pure bred dogs :unsure:
Maybe they didn't realize :rolleyes: after all they probably think a Labradoodle is a purebred dog and any of these odd named crossbreeds that seem to be popular now. Not surprising when the KC will register Puggles as a breed on the Activity Register.

well, they're not at Crufts so they must be automatically healthy...

Quite frankly my dogs were bored at Crufts the times I've shown them there! So what!

They're not being tortured, beaten, starved, ignored, distressed, are cold or homeless!

I only do a couple of shows a year so they spend the other 360-odd days playing in the woods and fields, being cuddled, well fed, immaculately healthy and showered with attention.

At Crufts they're cuddled, fed, watered, toileted and shown. So they spend a few hours dozing and are maybe slightly bored - my conscience is clear. I get bored myself sometimes but I'm not suffering!!!

These people should 'get a life'!!! :rant:

Quite frankly my dogs were bored at Crufts the times I've shown them there! So what!
They're not being tortured, beaten, starved, ignored, distressed, are cold or homeless!

I only do a couple of shows a year so they spend the other 360-odd days playing in the woods and fields, being cuddled, well fed, immaculately healthy and showered with attention.

At Crufts they're cuddled, fed, watered, toileted and shown. So they spend a few hours dozing and are maybe slightly bored - my conscience is clear. I get bored myself sometimes but I'm not suffering!!!

These people should 'get a life'!!! :rant:
I agree to this point. Showing for a dog is all in a day's work. It's not every day they have to go.

:oops: Just noticed that in my original post I made a really dumb typo... I put 'writted' when I meant 'written'! Worrying!!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back