The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crufts

BeeJay

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I see that Kay Rutter had a very good day today.

Congrats to her and also to Jan and anyone else showing IG's at Crufts today. :thumbsup:

The Iggy featured on tonight's edition of Crufts is just GORGEOUS! What a beautiful eye-catching action she has, bless her little sox!!! The judges must be blind, she would have won the class if it was down to me!

I had to have a right good laugh as Peter P was just about to say the bitches name and then stopped. ;)

I reckon that he checked to make sure that she was called Chrisford Scrag End. :teehee:

Missed watching the group as I was stuck in the NEC carpark for 3 and a half hours. Finally got out at 9.10pm when some bright spark thought to open up another exit gate.

The traffic outside the NEC was moving I stayed in one place in the car park queue for well over 3 hours.

Worst thing wasnt asked for my car park ticket and could have saved £6.

It was really crowded for a first day.

I only took Lizs Alice (Monelli Miss Muffet) as Liz was working. Didnt have my own entered.

Kay was over the moon with her wins. BOB, Best opposite sex and best Puppy.

For those of us who have never even come close to a BOB at Crufts it was amazing how within minutes of winning you are being swamped by people firing questions at you and trying to get you to sign advertising contracts. A real eye opener.

Anyway back there today for the breeders Stakes, no chance there Im afraid.

Jan

Come on then Jan, how did you get on in the breeders stakes then? I bet you put up a good show and it would have been the first time lots of people had ever seen an Italian Greyhound in real life.

So many think that they must be the same size as your usual Greyhound and are absolutely gobsmacked when they see how small they are.

Must confess I escaped on the dot at four pm and I think I was one of the first ½ dozen cars out of the NEC. I did feel sorry for people when I heard Sally Traffic on Radio 2 saying that the M42 was packed because people were trying to get out of the NEC.

Twas even better on Sunday, as I hadn't taken my boy to show, as he looked like an Italian Greyhound, weight wise. Why is it that my girls can't get their timings right about coming in season for the first time? Anyway we left as soon as we'd got photos of Lyn and Deedee and were back home in time to get everything unpacked, dogs fed and watered and ourselves, then feet up to watch the whole programme.

It was quite a spectacle seeing the 25 groups of breeders in the main ring, just a pity they didnt do it full justice on TV. All our IGs were matching Blue and white.

The pre judging was a fiasco. They were supposed to have two rings but we ended going in groups of five in a small ring, all crowded up on one side.

The lovely part about it was that very few were seriously competative about it and we had a real good laugh. As for being in the main ring,albeit for 5 minutes, it was awesome.

Did we get placed? not on your life!!! :D

Only took 30 minutes to get out the car park and that was a Friday night.

:p :p Now here I must brag a bit. On both Thursday and Sunday I was out of the NEC within the first six cars and thanking my lucky stars that I was at home and not in the great long queues waiting to get out of the NEC. Mind you knowing the back roads helps a bit too!

Never mind Jan, although you didn't get placed it sounds as though you had an amazing time and I'm sure you did the breed proud and looked immaculate.

Jan Fiers

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back