The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Csj Dog Food

Donlin

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have stumbled across CSJ dry dog food for working dogs while googling and it seems to have good reviews. I realise that not everyone is a fan of a dry food diet but, among those that are, I was wondering if anyone has used this food for whippets, and if so which one of the many available varieties.

Hiya

I switched to CSJ about a year ago having fed James Wellbeloved before that. If you email or ring them they will send you free samples of food and treats and give advice as to which variety to feed. Although the dogs were in good condition on James Wellbeloved, I couldn't believe how much they were pooing on it haha. Having tried two or three from CSJ, we went for CP21. However, I have noticed the weight creeping onto the two whippets so have moved them to CP18 (it says for less active dogs, ours are young pet whippets who get good walks but are obviously not working all night/ day!) I could have cut down the amount of CP21 but one of our dogs is quite food oriented and needs a full belly!

We also have a saluki x whippet who was very skinny when we adopted her and we struggled to get weight on feeding James Wellbeloved. She's a great weight on CSJ CP21 so even though we have moved the boys to the light diet, Emmy is staying on the 21.

It also works out cheaper than JW - when we were buying it, the large sacks could cost from £35-45 depending where you got it from - Jollyes was very expensive, our local market the cheapest but we also had to collect and carry it. We get CSJ delivered free from a local stockist and pay 33.50 a sack.

So, in short, I would recommend it :)

Forgot to mention - Roscoe had a couple of bouts of colitis before we switched and he hasn't had a recurrence since.

Mine does well on the Lamb & Rice wheatfree. :thumbsup:

Ive bought and won the odd bag , not sure which one though ? All mine loved it and looked well on it .

Yea we feed CSJ. Duke had a problem with slightly loose poo on James WBL leading to blocked anal glands, we tried him on CSJ lamb and rice and haven't looked back since. :thumbsup: All 3 of mine are on it, Cassie had James WBL puppy, again sloppy poo, put her on CSJ little champ and now she's doing great. Apparently the quality is better than James WBL and its half the price. Only problem you may find is getting a stockist in your area as others said you will have to ring up and find out who is local to you. Good luck :luck:

Thanks everyone for your replies; it definitely sounds worth ringing them for some samples to try.

I think they also sell on line if you don't have an agent nearby.

Anyone in the North West who wants CSJ (and other dog/ cat food), Bones U Like deliver free to Manchester, Liverpool and in between (Widnes, Runcorn, Warrington etc)

Here's the web address. www.csjk9.com you can contact the manufacturer direct from it with any questions. :thumbsup:

I've used CSJ Champ for my borzois and they done very well on it :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back