The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cut Stopper Pad

stark

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi ,

can anyone tell me how i can help repair a cut stopper pad on our whippet ?

thanks

I use sudocream on Lily when she cut hers at racing. Seems to heal them quite quickly. :)

hey there, i would try jensons violet wrapped in a bandage then after you use this method of healing, use epsom salts in a thick paste on a bandage and this will harden the pad back up.good luck :luck: hope it works.

Only Ricky has had cut stopper's and I used Sudocream on him. I put vaseline on the stopper's before we race him. It should heal quickly :thumbsup:

Ours tore both of his really badly after skidding to a stop on a very rough path in (unintended) hot pursuit of something - we bathed them in Epsom salts, and kept him in for a few days during which which he kept them well-licked himself; I didn't bother trying to bandage them. They healed very quickly and cleanly. :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine skin their stopper pads quite regularly when they skid to a halt whilst hunting. I wash them once we get home and then just ignore them and exercise as normal. They heal within a day or so.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back