The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cystotomy

kirsty

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just wondered if anyone on here has had a dog or cat needing a cystotomy? My cat has had frequent bouts of cystitis and if this course of antibiotics don't work . The vet is going to go ahead and do a cystotomy :( It sounds a bit extreme and I am worried sick about it. If anyone's dog or cat has had it done can you tell me if the recovery was really quick. I am also a bit worried it will cause incontinence, though the vet said this rarely happens. I suppose at the end of the day if he needs it done then fair enough, as I am worried he will end up with a blockage which can end up fatal.

:( MY MUMS BORDER COLLIE BITCH , HAD ONE LAST WEEK. tHET REMOVED A HANDFUL OF BLADDER STONES THAT LOOKED LIKE PEA GRAVEL AND FOUR STONES THE SIZE OF LARGE PEBBLES :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

SHE WAS SENT HOME WITH PAIN KILLERS AND ANTIBIOTICS AND SHE WAS BACK TO HER OLD SELF WITHIN 24 HRS.

:luck: :luck: :luck: GOOD LUCK AND TRY NOT TO WORRY XXX

MISS MOLLIES MUMMY said:
:(   MY MUMS BORDER COLLIE BITCH , HAD ONE LAST WEEK. tHET REMOVED A HANDFUL OF BLADDER STONES THAT LOOKED LIKE PEA GRAVEL AND FOUR STONES THE SIZE OF LARGE PEBBLES :unsure:   :unsure:   :unsure:
SHE WAS SENT HOME WITH PAIN KILLERS AND ANTIBIOTICS AND SHE WAS BACK TO HER OLD SELF WITHIN 24 HRS.

:luck:   :luck:   :luck:   GOOD LUCK AND TRY NOT TO WORRY  XXX

Thanks so much for replying :thumbsup: Glad your mum's collie is ok :huggles:

Since I got back home tonight, he is just the same, the antibiotics he has been on since Friday haven't worked yet. So is looking like he will need to have the cystotomy. I have to hand a urine sample in to the vet tomorrow since there is no change and they'll take it fom there I suppose. The last time he had bad cystitis he had an Xray and they couldn't see any stones therefore they said no point in doing another xray this time

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back