The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Home Needed Desperate for help with rehoming springer

Springipp

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi I have just joined this forum with the hope that somebody out there can help us. We have a lovely springer spaniel called Finley who will be 5 in January who we unfortunatly have to give up and I am devastated. He has been an amazing family member over the past five years and is the most loyal and loving dog but unfortunatly we had a major problem last weekend. We had another dog staying with us that Finley knows well but there were several occasions over the weekend that fin attacked this other dog in our house. On two occasions it was related to food and others was random. The other dog was unharmed and we managed to stop him but it definitely worried us. On Monday the dog walker (whom we had warned)

took him out as normal and then when he dropped him back home and was leaving Finley attacked him. He had a small wound to him hand but managed to get out by using the high chair to ward him off. Immediately after fin was normal again. Finley is a naturally dominant dog and we had a dog trainer when he was a pup but this behaviour is completely out of character for him. We took him to the vet but there is nothing physically wrong. We suspect that because we have moved house recently and also had a lot of family trauma he has been affected by this. The vet did suggest a dog behaviourist which we would be willing to do if it wasn't for the fact that we have an 18month old daughter and another baby on the way in march. As much as this is killing me unfortunately we can't keep a dog around unpredictable children when he has randomly attacked someone he knows.

We therefore are desperate to find him a new home. Shelters have been unhelpful because he has been aggressive. He needs a home perhaps with no kids. (Although he is very good with my daughter normally-it's just now we don't know if he will flip one time).

If anyone can help or knows someone who can or maybe shelters that do take aggressive dogs ( sounds wierd to label him like that now) I would be so grateful. We live in Leeds but would be willing to travel anywhere to find him somewhere nice.

Thanks

A very sad dog owner.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back