The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Desperate new puppy mum!

Cams

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi! I’m new to any sort of forum, don’t have Facebook etc. but am so desperate its worth a go!
Having lost both of my beautiful pug boys over past few years, when I was asked what I’d like for my “big” birthday this week, I couldn’t think of anything better than a new puppy. It took a long time to consider but finally ready to start again! ‍♀️. And now I NEED help!!!

Welcome to the forum :)

What sort of help do you need? Finding a puppy? Or do you have the puppy and need some help with him/her?

Hi Joanne.
It’s a problem with my new puppy! We’ve had him 3 weeks.
He’s a whippet called Arlo, he’s 11 weeks old, gorgeous and a bundle of fun, housetraining going well, sleeping OK. Sleeps in our bedroom in a crate. All good! But he bites and nips really badly. Seems to be worse with me than anyone else, my husband said he’s bullying me!!
I asked people with dogs and read online advice but nothing helped so far.
I’ve tried, yelping, that makes him more excited. Folding my arms but he just bites somewhere else. Putting toy in his mouth, lasts for couple of minutes then swerves round toy for my hand. He attaches himself to my leg as I walk around the house biting through clothes. By the end of each evening my hands end up sore and bleeding and I feel as though I’m letting him down by not being able to get control. I’ve also got young grandchildren who love to play with him, and him with them, but I’m really scared he’s going to hurt them unintentionally. I know it’s a phase but don’t want it to get out of hand!! Any help would really be appreciated.

Oh he's adorable!
I have to post and run, but read this thread and come back if you have any questions: Puppy biting

You might have to control interactions with the grandchildren for a while, as you do need total consistency for the strategies to work, and you can't expect young children not to squeal or whatever when he nips. How old are they?

Sorry, this is utterly un-fix-able. You have no option but to stick a stamp on his butt and send him to me :D

Seriously though, what Judy says ^^^^

And we accept payment in the form of puppy pictures. :p

I will have look at that thanks. Thanks both of you and I could possibly be getting the stamps ready soon!:D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back